EVERREV Additive Good or Bad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

18B

EVERREV I tried the search and can't find it. Has anyone tried this additive or know anything good or bad about it? .http://www.everrev.com/

Last edited:
I guess that's one way to drive more traffic to your website.

If it looks like snake oil, sounds like snake oil, smells like snake oil, then it probably is snake oil.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

If it looks like snake oil, sounds like snake oil, smells like snake oil, then it probably is snake oil.
The motoring public in this country, (don't know about Europe) is obsessed with pour it in quick fizes. Sometimes they help but when they do the science is obvious (the old STP thick goop cutting down oil burning by making your oil a 60 weight). The miracle stuff usually isn't. Oh, I forgot "Motor Honey" and such STP clones.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

The motoring public in this country, (don't know about Europe) is obsessed with pour it in quick fizes. Sometimes they help but when they do the science is obvious (the old STP thick goop cutting down oil burning by making your oil a 60 weight). The miracle stuff usually isn't. Oh, I forgot "Motor Honey" and such STP clones.

Europeans (well Germans are all i can really comment on) don't really go much for this additive business. Sure they will look for something to correct a issue like a small oil weep or dirty injector but in general no.

Here in the US the additive shelves take up huge real estate in the stores and are loaded with all sorts of snake oil. Its terrible what they try and foist on people but its a multi billion dollar a year business.
I do use some products that have proven themselves over a long time but only to try correcting something or a hail Mary pass.
If my regular engine oil isn't good enough to protect the engine then i need a different/better oil not some snake oil in it.

49.gif

The Reason I Was asking is because I Got a box of samples at a motocross event for free and hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for the reply's .

So the answer is they don't know about it LOL... But they will all give you an opinion on oil additives. Would have been easier to just say DONT KNOW ABOUT IT!

Originally Posted By: Skanky
So the answer is they don't know about it LOL

We do know when claims like this are made it sends the old B.S. meter off the scale.
Quote:
EverRev will change the molecules of your engines ferrous based metals several microns deep, leaving the metal much smoother and much harder.

EverRev - treats the metal not the oil so the protection benefits will remain even at times when no oil is present! This includes harmful everyday cold starts.

Last edited:
18B

with a claim like this "Reduces friction up to 50%",
i would expect at least a 5% increase in mpg, perhaps you could try this in your automobile and report back your results.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad

with a claim like this "Reduces friction up to 50%",

If it could do that it would change the world. This is enough to say its "snake oil"

Last edited:
if it does that I want some of it! heck i'll buy stock in the company!

does anyone have some guesses on what it might be? (a mix of highly refined oils?) Here is a snippet from the web site:

"EverRev - is a proprietary blend of several chemicals.These chemicals come from all different parts of the country. They are then mixed together under extreme heat at our plant. Some of these chemicals are only available to EverRev, Inc. exclusively. Over the years there have been many imitations of our formula but without our exclusive key ingredients never duplicated!"

and a link to the page where I got it from:
http://www.everrev.com/info.html

I'm not knowledgeable enough in this field to be able to read into the clues on the information provided.

thanks for sharing your knowledge or thoughts, so that i may learn.

jc

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
if it does that I want some of it! heck i'll buy stock in the company!

does anyone have some guesses on what it might be? (a mix of highly refined oils?) Here is a snippet from the web site:

"EverRev - is a proprietary blend of several chemicals.These chemicals come from all different parts of the country. They are then mixed together under extreme heat at our plant. Some of these chemicals are only available to EverRev, Inc. exclusively. Over the years there have been many imitations of our formula but without our exclusive key ingredients never duplicated!"

Hiding behind the 'proprietary' claim is the same as lying to you. If XOM, Sopus, or another big mfg wanted to, they could reverse-engineer and dissect this snake oil in a few hours. The only reason to hide the list of ingredients is to deny the potential customer any useful information.

Why would you consider buying something you know nothing about?

That Could be why they were giving it away for free Its Most likely some fancy new snake oil...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back