2 officers shot in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you're a "suspect" you're protected. You become a privileged person. This classification can lead to free legal counsel, room and board, medical and dental care and unfettered access to the media. In some jurisdictions you might be classified as a "person of interest". One has to be careful not to call a murdering good for nothing [censored] a name that would hurt their feelings or diminish their self esteem. If you're the victim you're on your own. It's your fault until you can prove otherwise. This is especially true if you defended yourself or attempted in anyway to interfere with the "suspect".

Originally Posted By: horse123
Why do we even call them suspects at this point? So stupid. The person obviously did it.

It's part of the legal process set forth hundreds of years ago. It's what makes our legal system better than most all others.

Sure, there's no doubt they did it. But if you start convicting them before they've had their day in court, then that lynch mob jungle mentality will start to slip down the slope and apply to others who "look" guilty. No doubt there are many who by all outward appearances were caught red handed, but when they had their day in court, they were found not guilty. That's why they need to be "suspects".

Originally Posted By: abycat
I'm glad they killed the guy. I like it when justice is served outside of the courtroom.
Agree 100%. It's discouraging that "suspects" have so many more rights than victims.

Originally Posted By: abycat
I'm glad they killed the guy. I like it when justice is served outside of the courtroom.

Thats's the only "Justicc" we can get. Our "SYstem of Injustice" can't give scumbags like this what they deserve.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
People are getting upset it seems.

I don't understand your post. Do you mean they are getting upset about police officers being shot for no reason across the country? Or do you mean they are getting upset with the police and shooting police officers? This was a swearing in ceremony for new officers. Did they do anything wrong?

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: CT8
People are getting upset it seems.

I don't understand your post. Do you mean they are getting upset about police officers being shot for no reason across the country? Or do you mean they are getting upset with the police and shooting police officers? This was a swearing in ceremony for new officers. Did they do anything wrong?
I am being polite as the words would get me banned when I describe what is happening to everybody it seems. . How about people are getting stupid.

Well, I don't think anybody should be shot for no reason. Regardless if a civilian is shot for no reason or a police officer or whoever. These officers were attending a swearing in ceremony. They were not abusing the rights of anybody.

Throughout the country police officers have been targeted for attacks. Depending on what news organization somebody watches many people probably have not even heard of several of these attacks. Just to name a few there was of course the murder of the two police officers (both from minority groups, by the way) in NY City, and also the hatchet attack on police officers in NY City. There was this attack here, and there also was an attack in California where one or two officers were shot dead. An officer was shot dead in Florida.

I don't see any Justice Department investigations into all of these shootings of police officers. And I don't see anybody marching to protest the attacks on police officers and murder of police officers.

The lives of these police officers are just as valuable as the lives of anybody else. If somebody supports the murder of police officers but protests police shootings where civilians died that is hypocrisy. And the police shootings that some are complaining about were investigated in grand jury investigations and the police officers involved were cleared by the grand jury investigations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back