Is Beck Arnley Coolant Really That Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, on another discussion here at BITOG, someone provided a link to the Beck Arnley website. I spent some time reading up on their coolants, and was fairly impressed. I like that they are primarily an OEM supplier. And I was also please that they offer such a variety of specific coolants, made to meet different manufacturer specs.

So, I started looking for pricing and availability for the Super Long Life blue, for my Outback. The best price I could find is $20/gal., at O'Reilly. I can buy OEM Subaru Long Life Super Coolant for less than that.

Is Beck/Arnley really that good? Is it worth the premium? I don't have a problem spending a little more if it is a superior product, and will protect my engine against rust, better than the other options. Does anyone have any expereince with the Beck/Arnley coolants?

Although I realize you didn't ask this...What does Subaru recommend as a service interval for changing the coolant? I'd think you would get 5 years out of the factory fill.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
My understanding of Beck Arnley is that they are basically re-labeled/repackaged products made by other manufacturers.

Correct.

Often times you'll find the OEM brand part of product to be cheaper if you look on line, Beck Arnley is primarily import suppliers to
the major chain parts stores.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Although I realize you didn't ask this...What does Subaru recommend as a service interval for changing the coolant? I'd think you would get 5 years out of the factory fill.

The Subaru maintenance schedule calls for the first coolant flush/fill at 137,500 miles, and 75,000 thereafter. I'm not ready to change. Just trying to understand the quality of the product line.

And judging from comments above, I think I've found my answer.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins

And judging from comments above, I think I've found my answer.

Like another poster mentioned B/A simply repackages parts from others many times OEM names, and charges more for that part. So the parts are as good or poor as the company that actually made them, obviously since they buy from many vendors it varies quite a bit, but since most of the parts are from OEM vendors they are probably overall decent, if not good.

Recently needed a horn relay for a Toyota RAV4, the cheapest I could find was a Beck/Arnley from ADVANCE AP for $9.50.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qdeezie
My understanding of Beck Arnley is that they are basically re-labeled/repackaged products made by other manufacturers.

Most of them are. I wouldn't be surprised if Prestone and Peak made them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back