2011 f150 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which oil is the best to buy? I returned a bunch of oil filters that I had for diesels to Oreillys and got 205 bucks for them all. I'm debating between Mobil one afe or the pennzoil platinum. I'm trying to accomplish a 10,000 mile oil change

I don't think the two are significantly different. AFE isn't really marketed as an "extended drain" oil (nor is PP, if I recall), but I've used it up to 7k miles in my Ram 4.7, including towing for part of that, and a UOA showed it still had a decent TBN for a while longer- enough I wouldn't worry much about going to 10k miles.

M1 and PP are both excellent oils. Use either one with confidence and follow your OLM, and your engine will be well protected. Neither one is going to allow anything to happen to your engine that the other one would've prevented. They're both excellent oils.

Using Mobile 1 Advanced Fuel Economy in my 3.5L Acura TL. I'm 1000 miles into this OCI. I've increased my MPG from 32 to 33 on the new oil. Just checked oil level this morning and the oil still looks new/gold in color. Important to note I'm also running a Mobil 1 oil filter. I will be running this oil for 5,000 miles however only because I enjoy working on my cars. If I was normal I'd run for 7,500 miles...just my 2 cents but for my own personal peace of mind I will only run Mobil 1.

Regular Mobil 1 should do about 10k in that application depending on your driving habits. I would look at Mobil 1 EP or Castrol Edge if you want to do longer drains.

What kind of driving do you do? Lots of highway miles? Lots of short trips? How many miles per week/year?

Driving habits play a big role on ton retention of oil. Highway miles are easy on the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back