Motorcraft 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. Interesting that Ford says it's recommended only for its hybrid electric vehicles 2013 and later. No mention of it being appropriate for other Ford models originally spec'd for 5w/20.

I take from this that when Ford says 5w/20, they mean 5w/20 only, regardless of what manufacturers like Mobil may say about their own 0w/20 products. Why Ford is taking this postion is anyone's guess, but if you have an active powertrain warranty...

Interesting. I wonder if Conoco/Phillips, who makes Motorcraft oil, will start producing 0w-20 semi-synthetic for some of their other oil brands (76, TropArtic, Kendall).

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I just don't see the point of Syn Blend oils? Either do dino or Syn lol

It's all about the price point.

Synthetic blends are marketed for two or three bucks more than a comparable 5W-20 dino 5 quart jug.

That's $5 to $6 less than most full synthetic 0W-20's.

Guys who want to meet the spec for their car as cheaply as possible will be all over the synthetic blend.

They have been listing Trop Artic in 0w20 for about a year but my one source for Trop Artic does not carry it. I dont imagine 0w20 is a big seller at a Farm store lol.

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I just don't see the point of Syn Blend oils? Either do dino or Syn lol

Um, becuase it has some (peace of mind) synthetic oil mixed in for less cost than a full synthetic. Why do people use 89 octane? Same reason, peace of mind/price. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: sicko
Interesting. I wonder if Conoco/Phillips, who makes Motorcraft oil, will start producing 0w-20 semi-synthetic for some of their other oil brands (76, TropArtic, Kendall).

They produce a syn blend 0W-20 for all three brands you listed. It's likely they are all the same product, save for the Kendall with its Titanium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back