Blizzard Warning in New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone making plans to stay safe?

6a7cada2525f168a994efdaaad21fa02.jpg

It does not yet look that bad, (in the Elizabeth NJ area,) but. Getting windy. And phone NWS alert just went off...

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Answer: No
Yup, here neither.

Although we do have some freak weather going on in Phoenix right now - There's clouds in the sky. Odd.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Answer: No
Yup, here neither.

Although we do have some freak weather going on in Phoenix right now - There's clouds in the sky. Odd.

LOL...better get inside if you know whats good for ya....
crackmeup2.gif

Plan to work from home. They already canceled school for the kids.

It's going to be light and fluffy, so while it might be upwards of 2' (I kinda doubt that much) it'll be easy to move and deal with. No high winds for our area so I'm not concerned about power outages.

Typical winter weather. No worries.

2', c'mon. Lets hear when you get 5-7' within 36 hours.
laugh.gif

In all serious though, hope everyone is safe and perhaps can enjoy the wintery blast with your families safe at home.

Knocking things off the prep list as I go. Just took a pork shoulder out of the oven after 12 hours, pulled pork sandwiches will be an easy meal if we lose power. Also brewed a few K-cups to keep in the fridge for iced coffee. Stocked up on beer...........hmmmm, it seems that most of my preps are food related. I guess I'm in good shape otherwise, took care of some things yesterday. Although I do have to account for all the flashlights and candles and do of a few other tasks. Wife is getting out of work early today and working from home tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: theKman
Knocking things off the prep list as I go. Just took a pork shoulder out of the oven after 12 hours, pulled pork sandwiches will be an easy meal if we lose power. Also brewed a few K-cups to keep in the fridge for iced coffee. Stocked up on beer...........hmmmm, it seems that most of my preps are food related. I guess I'm in good shape otherwise, took care of some things yesterday. Although I do have to account for all the flashlights and candles and do of a few other tasks. Wife is getting out of work early today and working from home tomorrow.

Beer, pulled pork? You're ready
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: redhat
2', c'mon. Lets hear when you get 5-7' within 36 hours.
laugh.gif

In all serious though, hope everyone is safe and perhaps can enjoy the wintery blast with your families safe at home.

My hometown...ahh.

My friend had those 7' above his front door in Lancaster that storm. The pictures were ridiculous.

God bless the east coast during the next 48 hours.

Hmm, the company I work for encouraged everyone to work from home, and canceled shifts. Coworker said that the state of MA banned driving after midnight tonight? [Good thing I don't live in MA!] Maybe I'll venture out tonight and pick up gas for the snowblower. I got it to run the other day (after being dead for the last couple of years), but I don't recall if I actually have gas for it.

Generator and snow blower are gassed and ready to go. Have water to drink and flush toilet. As ready as can be. Just hope the power doesn't go out. Nothing more miserable than no power during a bad Nor'easter.

Current forecast is for a few feet from New York to Boston, not just the few inches that you're getting.

And I am at EWR, with a scheduled flight to Dublin this evening...

Shaping up to an interesting day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Current forecast is for a few feet from New York to Boston, not just the few inches that you're getting.

And I am at EWR, with a scheduled flight to Dublin this evening...

Shaping up to an interesting day.

Oh, we won't get any at all - we're only predicted for a few inches. That usually means a dusting, if that.

The NWS is just as alarmist as the weather channel. We always derate by 1/2 or 3/4 and that's an accurate description.

I can't remember, at all, the last time that they came anywhere within half of being correct. Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe a storm we had in 2007 where we got 3 feet ... and they predicted 4.

Other than that, they are always predicting 2 or 3 feet and we get inches.

I've Been a Grocery Cashier for 16yrs. the only bit he has wrong is most people also get Beer and Eggs. and the Beer Might be Higher on the Priority list..

really it's a beer run, with milk, bread and eggs, since they are at the store anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back