Positive experience with LubeControl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed LCD inc on Sunday and received an email with a response to my questions regarding shipping to Canada and some product questions first thing this morning. Due to the the high cost of shipping the representative gave me a 10% discount on my order of FP60 and LC20. I ordered the FP to see if I can eliminate some fuel issues and at the same time can maintain my vehicles fuel and lube system with the products which are well regarded. When I have results I'll post a follow up. Overall I'm very satisfied with the customer service.

And please let BITOG readers know of your experience with the product, vehicles used in, and the fuel issues.

Was this the FPPLUS you ordered?

OK, the fuel stuff. Still, visiting the Lubecontrol website and seeing those things seemed weird. I wonder if its merely marketing hype and not true.

Thanks Mola, I will be sure to do so. I purchased FP60 as he advised me it has more potent cleaning ingredients than the plus. I also ordered LC20 but I won't mention much about it in this section as this is fuel related. He is shipping my order tomorrow and it should take around 10 business days to arrive. The vehicle is a 97 jimmy with the 4.3 vortec. It dosent start in extreme colds and I'm going to eliminate sticky poppert injectors and see what results I get. The idle is a little shaky too so we'll see how that pans out. My brother in law has an 05 Mazda 3 that is consuming oil so we'll also be doing a soak with LC20 on that I'll be posting results for that too.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
...Thanks Mola, I will be sure to do so. I purchased FP60 as he advised me it has more potent cleaning ingredients than the plus...

Sorry, but that info is incorrect, and I am surprised LCD stated that.

FPPLUS has more fuel system cleaning solvents with bio-synthetic cleaners.

I just emailed Ritchie and mentioned what you said, I'll let you know his response. His original response was this:

FP Plus is "greener" in that is utilizes a soy based oil and provides
additional upper cylinder protection and lubricity. FP 60 is better
for diesel engines and "cleaning" as it has a higher ratio of the
active cleaning ingredient. It also offers enhances fuel stability.
It is what we recommend for the Marine industry and other fuel that sits

To clarify something here:

FPPLUS has the so-called "active" ingredient plus bio-synthetic cleaners, extra anti-oxidants for fuel stability, and combustion enhancers.

Unless they changed the FP60 formula, FP60 does not have the extra anti-oxidants for fuel stability, and combustion enhancers.

NOTE: I have no business association with LCD nor do I receive any royalties from said company.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Turns engine gunk into "colloidal graphite" lubricant? Huh? Really? What???

I read that too, I'd rather not turn gunk into a lube. I'd want it filtered out.

His response was:

He may be referring to the package of ingredients in FP Plus, but the other
product does have more of the primary active ingredient. That being said,
It is not my goal to sway you towards one product or other -- if you would
feel more comfortable with FP Plus, I can still change your order. Just let
me know.

In response to LC20 If you guys watch the video this is emulsified and pumped into the filter.

Mola, do you think I should change my order to the FP Plus or stick with my order?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I read that too, I'd rather not turn gunk into a lube. I'd want it filtered out.

LC20 will liquify sludge and soften carbon but I wouldn't want to say colloidal graphite is a great lubricant.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
His response was:

He may be referring to the package of ingredients in FP Plus, but the other
product does have more of the primary active ingredient. That being said,
It is not my goal to sway you towards one product or other -- if you would
feel more comfortable with FP Plus, I can still change your order. Just let
me know.

In response to LC20 If you guys watch the video this is emulsified and pumped into the filter.

Mola, do you think I should change my order to the FP Plus or stick with my order?

I would go with FPPLUS.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

LC20 will liquify sludge and soften carbon but I wouldn't want to say colloidal graphite is a great lubricant.

Me either and I wouldn't be advertising it. Especially since it is a by-product of a cleaner breaking down carbon and sludge, not something carefully formulated in a lab as a lube to used in your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back