Window Cleaning ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: Tundragod
This is the only window/windshield cleaner that works. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/sprayway-glass-cleaner-4-19oz-cans/165019.ip

For years, I didn't listen to my wife. Listen to my wife. She knows.

Being as I do not have OEM tinted windows, not to sure about using it.

Also I'm not a Sam's Club member nor do I intend to pay for a membership to shop anywhere.

Funny many bash Wal-Mart, but Sam's Cub is great, both owned and ran by the same folks.

Sprayaway is ammonia free. It is fine for all tinted windows. If you're still concerned use isopropyl alcohol and water.

This is my unconventional method and I get streak free results every time.

I prefer Griot's aerosol but also buy Meguiar's bulk concentrate. It doesn't really matter as long as it's a quality window cleaner.

I spray the window down really good and use a claybar to clean the window. Claybar isn't just for paint! It works great at getting the gunk and bugs off and getting the glass smooth. Just keep it lubricated with glass cleaner as you go along. Then clean up the mess with a quality microfiber.

Then go back over it again with a clean dry microfiber towel and polish it until it's streak free. Apply more glass cleaner as needed.

That's my method. No newspapers. No paper towels. No vinegar. Just perfect results every time.

Originally Posted By: Defender2000
This is my unconventional method and I get streak free results every time.

I prefer Griot's aerosol but also buy Meguiar's bulk concentrate. It doesn't really matter as long as it's a quality window cleaner.

I spray the window down really good and use a claybar to clean the window. Claybar isn't just for paint! It works great at getting the gunk and bugs off and getting the glass smooth. Just keep it lubricated with glass cleaner as you go along. Then clean up the mess with a quality microfiber.

Then go back over it again with a clean dry microfiber towel and polish it until it's streak free. Apply more glass cleaner as needed.

That's my method. No newspapers. No paper towels. No vinegar. Just perfect results every time.

+1 This. Claying really works well. And it has all the benefits of RainX without the gummy residue that occurs after a week or so.

I've used Rain X Extreme Clean with very very good results. (To remove water spots that have been there for years)

The inside of the windshield is the toughest car detailing piece in my opinion. You can go over and over an still see haze in the sun. I use spray way glass cleaner and elbow grease. Plus you have to be a contortionist to get in there. I use clean microfiber towels, and there are some made now for glass with a vinyl feeling side the seems to work a little better. Got a couple at Walmart.
On the outside I just use the spray detailer same as the paint, works great.

Invisible Glass & newspapers. Several times now I almost put my elbow through the window thinking it was down! Streak free and its amazing how clean / clear the windows get.

I dip a corner of a microfiber towel in the Optimum No Rinse I used to clean the exterior of the car, wipe down the glass, then wipe dry with another towel.

Works better than any glass cleaning product I've ever tried. No haze in the sun, no elbow grease required, just wipe and dry.

never use any white paper towels because they have oils and lotions in them to make them soft, and that causes streaks etc, i use a vinegar based glass cleaner from dollar tree and blue shop towels, always turn you towel over often, there is more info on a pro detail site called detailbliss.com

I use alcohol based glass cleaner and an old newspaper. Works fine. I finish up with a microfiber.

wipe down with a paper towel soaked in lacquer thinner or acetone. Then spray the window with with regular window cleaner like Windex and wipe dry with newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back