How much should a rear brake and rotor job be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
What's your car insurance company (if you have it)? Roadside assistance is like $0.75 a month. Yes, 75 cents. At least it was when I had Farmers Insurance and now State Farm. My grandmother's Geico has it for like $1.25 a month. They'll pay for up to $100 of towing, change a tire, provide lockout assistance, bring you 2 gallons of gas if you run out, and jump start a battery.

So, I was always curious about this. Does it include towing in a situation like this when your tire blew out? Or does it only include towing for when you were in an accident?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What's your car insurance company (if you have it)? Roadside assistance is like $0.75 a month. Yes, 75 cents. At least it was when I had Farmers Insurance and now State Farm. My grandmother's Geico has it for like $1.25 a month. They'll pay for up to $100 of towing, change a tire, provide lockout assistance, bring you 2 gallons of gas if you run out, and jump start a battery.

So, I was always curious about this. Does it include towing in a situation like this when your tire blew out? Or does it only include towing for when you were in an accident?

We have a local insurer. Liability only.

AAA is for tows, etc...

We have what they call the "State Minimum" insurance package.

We even paid for the impound fee ("Recovery" service, $125) out-of-pocket when the Honda got stolen..

I'm not sure, I might call and ask. I've wondered that too because the 1970 Beetle has some older tires, but it also has the original spare currently and it doesn't hold air. I personally won't drive on a flat unless it's 1/4 mile off the freeway or something. I assumed they would tow it if I had a flat. I'll call them in an hour or so, need to know if I should get a new spare or if I should not worry!

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

We have a local insurer. Liability only.

AAA is for tows, etc...

We have what they call the "State Minimum" insurance package.

We even paid for the impound fee ("Recovery" service, $125) out-of-pocket when the Honda got stolen..
Oh god lol, I always cringe when people say they have state minimum. Luckily my car is now less than $10k (state minimum here for property damage) but if It were a few years newer and was smacked by a red light runner or something, State Farm would be having to pick up the rest of the tab since the state minimum won't be enough to cover it.

I just called and they said if I don't have a spare they'll tow the car for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back