QUICKSILVER 20-50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come spring when the weather warms up I may get the Quicksilver 20-50 motorcycle oil for my 2013 Road Star . It`s about the only motorcycle oil I see on the shelf at Walmart and At $25 a gallon not a bad buy. I havn`t heard to much about it bad or good . Anybody using it ?

I am also curious about this oil. What's kept me from using it is that I can't find any info on it anywhere.

Living in Indiana maybe Walmart will have more choices come summer. I filled with Delo 15-40 shortly before I put her up for the winter. Will likely run that after riding season starts and then change to a 20-50 oil the rest of the summer .

What do you expect from the oil? We don't know who makes it, we know that Mercury Marine markets it, and it should be perfectly OK. It meets all the necessary specs, and likely we can trust Mercury to market a good product.

I used it in my Triumph. It is a group III synthetic from what I read. Worked pretty well and did not shear down too fast in my machine. My shifting did not become notchy before I dumped it at 4k miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I used it in my Triumph. It is a group III synthetic from what I read. Worked pretty well and did not shear down too fast in my machine. My shifting did not become notchy before I dumped it at 4k miles.
Tha`s a response I was hoping for , someone who has used it and had good or bad results. I was wondering what the zinc content was too if anyone knows.

there is a Rural King up north of me that has
Amsoil 20-50 at $9.99 a quart . I was debating weather
to spring for that or save $15 and use the Quicksilver ?

I know that the Amsoil has a high zinc content and being that the Road Star is an air cooled push-rod engine that a good zinc content is desirable , yes ?

I have been running this oil in my 1992 4.3 GM boat engine and I run that engine hard, so far not a problem in all these years. I change it once at the end of the season every year. I like it but never thought about running it in my bikes?

Yea , this one at Walmart is specifically branded 20w-50 motorcycle oil.

I used it last spring/summer in a 2014 a yam star bolt. Air cooled 950. Seemed like a good buy, $27 at Walmart. As if I could tell the difference, but everything was fine with it. In my climate here in the Seattle area I am thinking 20w-50 might be a little too thick at start up. Many mornings even in summer are below 50 degrees. I have put the T6 5w-40 in for winter and might just keep using it all year. But still the Quicksilver is a very viable choice for folks needing a 20w-50 oil.

I used Quicksilver 25w40 in my 7.4L boat engines for 30 years. Never a shear down issue. I would try it and see how it does. I ran it once in my Harley TC88 for about 3000 miles and it did fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back