2016 Nissan Titan XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell you the truth, the front end styling of the existing Titan appeals to me more than the new one. I still think the current generation Titan has the finest looking front end on a full size truck (except the Raptor)...it has a chiseled front end that looks powerful. Unfortunately the drivetrain and interior are a different story.

Last edited:
Being in the new vehicle market all the new vehicles look the same inside and out and that is ugly and if I want a glass cockpit I will try buy the 747 of my dreams

Patience a diesel engine will be soon,,,, With the prices so high another $3,000 to $5,000 will never be noticed in a 72 month finance.

Made in America

Designed in California, Engineered in Michigan, Tested in Arizona, Assembled in Mississippi, Powered by Tennessee. Cummins engine from Indiana.

Im not a fan of twin turbos. or the complicated EGR urea injection. YMMV

Nissan has no R&D department, they have an espionage department. They stole almost every single thing from Ford, and I don't even like Ford. I also saw a video of a representative claiming they came up with a lot of features which I know very well were first made by other car companies.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yup, looks like the love child of a Ford and Dodge Ram. R&D = Ripoff and Duplicate here?

exactly. Not impressed.

+1

Originally Posted By: horse123
Nissan has no R&D department, they have an espionage department. They stole almost every single thing from Ford, and I don't even like Ford. I also saw a video of a representative claiming they came up with a lot of features which I know very well were first made by other car companies.

Some of the features they spoke about were the factory spray bed liner, the Utli Track system ,and the side storage compartment on the bed as well as the under bumper fold out side step.

So who had those first???

This engine has been in the works with Nissan for a while. I remember seeing a video where they had a prototype in the earlier models testing out shift points in the transmission.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wirelessF
This engine has been in the works with Nissan for a while. I remember seeing a video where they had a prototype in the earlier models testing out shift points in the transmission.

Actually, the engine design was started and originally for another truck manufacturer...

"Cummins announced it was building a light duty diesel in Columbus, Ind., in 2006, but global economic conditions two years later forced the original buyer to reconsider. Cummins searched for a new buyer for about two years before Nissan chose the engine for the Titan."

From here.
http://www.cummins.com/global-impact/sus...ew-turbo-diesel

So it looks like they didn't hook up with Nissan until 2010 or 2011.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back