American Sniper movie is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killing 30 looters in New Orleans and 2 car jacking suspects in Texas????
Never heard of that before. I knew of the lawsuit with Jesse about the bar fight.

What about the guy who shot and killed Chris, will he get life in prison?

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can somebody explain the "baby scene"?

There is a scene where the Kyles are in the hospital delivery room with their newborn "baby". Rather than use a live newborn human, a baby-doll was used, and it appeared (obviously) lifeless and inannimate. I've only seen the movie once, but I did pick up on it at the showing; some folks noticed while others did not.

This is the controversy; that Eastwood chose to use a doll rather than a real child.

If that is the only critique one can come up with (pro or con) of the movie, that's pretty lame if you ask me.

There are plenty other valid and serious criticisms, but they are taboo and mustn't be mentioned here. Easy for anyone who knows how to use Google to find reviews, ranging from adoring to critical, all by himself.

hotwheels
How much does a live baby get paid to "act"?

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
My wife and I went to see this movie this week.

Wow.

I almost cried at the ending.

As the credits rolled, it was totally silent in the theater, then someone started clapping, then everyone started clapping.

It was impressive.

The movie is that good ?

I clapped because it was finally over.

hotwheels

I wouldn't have imagined it would be all that popular in San Francisco anyway.
+1. They want their freedom but they don't want to hear about the price paid to preserve it.
In fact they want the doctrine of "free speech" to justify being able to trash those who actually protect it. For them I have contempt.

Saw it today. I strongly feel it was worth watching. Long lines at the theater, the longest I've ever seen. I guess others feel the same way.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
If it were up to me, I would nominate American Sniper for most entertaining fake baby ever. That thing had me in stitches!

hotwheels

I have not seen the film yet; but just did a Google image search for "american sniper baby scene" and yes, that is ridiculous. I also happened across a funny parody article chastising Eastwood for "promoting unhealthy beauty standards for babies" by using a perfectly symmetrical, perfectly proportioned fake.

According to IMDb, the baby doll was used because the (real) baby they were going to use for the scene was ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back