PQIA tests four more HD diesel oils - 1/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Pep Boys Proline looks strong.

Good looking oil. Made by Warren Performance Products. Nice to see the budget oils are just as good as the big boys.

I'll take whichever is least expensive at the checkout counter ...

All of them (and other API CJ-4s) turn in excellent UOAs seen here and elsewhere.

There is no magic formula, guys. There is more than one road to the anti-wear, contamination control destination.

Hi,

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

All of them (and other API CJ-4s) turn in excellent UOAs seen here and elsewhere.

There is no magic formula, guys. There is more than one road to the anti-wear, contamination control destination.

Dave, you are correct of course! However, if a user intends to extend OCIs then testing via UOAs and trending the results over a considerable period (time or distance)is a must. Typically in this process some lubricants may perform measurably better than others - and this is nearing the extremes of use

Then, it becomes a cost/benefit decision

Modern well certified lubricants are underutilised by most consumers

Agreed, they all look up to the task...

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,

Dave, you are correct of course! However, if a user intends to extend OCIs then testing via UOAs and trending the results over a considerable period (time or distance)is a must. Typically in this process some lubricants may perform measurably better than others - and this is nearing the extremes of use

Then, it becomes a cost/benefit decision

Modern well certified lubricants are underutilised by most consumers

Absoltutely correct Doug. But most here will never put on enough miles past "normal" use to truly test the lube choices fully and find any kind of delineation between brands or formulations.

"Normal" use is actually under-utilizing most any product from all data that I see. So to "extend" an OCI to a point where any particular fluid would truly rise above another, it would have to be WAY past where most folks here would ever run a fluid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back