Castrol LIFETIME engine warranty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it is free, and because I have always used Pennzoil, I signed my Jeep up for the 300,000 mile/10 year warranty that Pennzoil offers. As an added bonus, you can change the oil yourself.

Never met anyone that had repairs or a new engine through a warranty of this type.

Anyone here on BITOG ever have a claim paid by Pennzoil or another oil company through one of these warranties?

I signed up for the warranty, too, when I was using PYB, but I doubt I'd ever have to use it. The same goes for the Imperial oil warranty, though I'm out of spec so I wouldn't be covered anyhow.
wink.gif

I had the Valvoline one when i was one of the sheeple just going to the Valvoine Instant Oil change place in front of my work, now the only one that sounds interesting to me, just for the challenge of it, is the QS.(unless they've changed it) had to start by 75k mi, and if you made it to 300k mi, using only QS oil, they would cut you a check or the KBB value of the car - up to $3,000.(and you got to keep your 300,000 mi car)

only reason i call it a challenge, is i only drive about 8,000mi a year. (bought the sable 01/24/14, and as of 01/24/15, i had put 7,740 mi, including a 2200 mi round trip to TX)

Last edited:
Marketing and nothing more. I consider any "lifetime" warranty as complete and utter [censored].

In regards to engine oil, unless they say, use our oil for 300k miles and we'll rebuild your engine if ANYTHING that the oil touches fails, I don't waste my time with it. I'll likely sell or crash the car before 200k anyway, so even dino oil @ 10k intervals will keep it running up to that point...

With so many hoops to jump through, who falls for this junk anyway?

If the terms mirror your behaviours, then may as well be in the club.

If you have to change your behaviours, then not worth it...you are likely to blow the conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back