Winter Storm Juno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever witnessed a storm that has such widely varying storm totals within 12 hours of the event starting. Some stations are predicting 1 to 2 while the weather channel is predicting 8 to 12 with spotty 12 to 18 in my area. Instead of giving amounts, they should just say they have no idea what is going to happen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
I don't think I've ever witnessed a storm that has such widely varying storm totals within 12 hours of the event starting. Some stations are predicting 1 to 2 while the weather channel is predicting 8 to 12 with spotty 12 to 18 in my area. Instead of giving amounts, they should just say they have no idea what is going to happen.
And miss a chance to get that bread and milk moving?

Can't view.... premium content subscribers only.
frown.gif

Is this the northeastern blizzardy thing pounding through? They do seem to be fairly nearsighted on its forecasting.

20-30 inches they're saying with 55mph winds. I've got 15 gallons of gas in the shed for the generator, snowblower, plenty of oil for the generator ($1/qt Kendall 10w30 Semi-Syn - thanks Autozone), warm clothes, firewood, Gentleman's Jack Daniels and I picked up a few books today to add to my reading list:

Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
A River Runs Through It by Norman Maclean
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (read this a long time ago but figured it was time to read it again)

Whenever they declare state of emergency around here folks take there ATVs out onto the highway and roads for some fun. It's a sight to be driving down the highway only to see three or four ATVs in the left lane cruising by you.

Per the GFS weather model, if you live in the northeast, the next 2 weeks are going to suck! You have this storm coming through currently that should be out by Thur. Then another noreaster/clipper comes through over the weekend, and THEN......old man winter is going to open up a can early next week with a noreaster of epic proportions; the GFS has 968 mb surface low off the southeast Canadian coast at midnight Monday next week. If that verifies, it would be the lowest pressure for a noreaster on record short of hurricane Sandy.

Last edited:
Don't trust the weatherman. Go outside to gauge the weather...

They call it "Juno?"

And I was in Massachusetts "Boston Blizzard" of 2013. Oh, I remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back