Nice Movie with wife... NOT SO FAST,BUDDY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this happens all the time in other, more crowed sunny places with lots of people who live there and if this story seems "totally normal" to you, I feel bad that customer service has sunken so low that you now expect it to be that way.

Wanted to take my wife out on a nice dinner and date. We go to eat, watching the clock so that we can finish and arrive at the movie theater on time. Enjoyable meal over a glass of fine sweet tea by Nestea.

We walk arm in are over the romantically ice filled parking lot on a balmy 36F evening. Arrive at our fine Marcus theater. And step forward to pay.

"Two for Blackhat", I say with a chivalrous voice.

"Umm, nope that's not playing actually", the young fella with the sideways bow tie and stained tuxedo says.

"It's on the board...7:20pm", I reply as only a knight should.

"Yeah, we opened up a second theater at 6:45pm for a double showing of American Sniper.", the young padowan replies.

"Wow", I say.

"Yep, there's an asterisk on the website that says we can do that... it's business.", he replies with the zest of a young Anakin Skywalker.

"let's go home darlin." I say to my wife in my best Conway Twitty impersonation.

Long story short... don't expect to see the movie they advertise as showing unless they feel like it.

Apparently next, some beancounter with no medical degree will tell our MD how long we have to wear a splint before they can actually X-ray the bone to see if it's broken....sick.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but I think the theater did you a favor. Blackhat is a pretty bad movie, from what I gathered.
smile.gif

LOL !!

(WHoa! 26k posts) AN honor to have you here Pete. I should have posted about something important like if I should even bother cleaning the MAF on a two year old car or leave it alone till it idles rough and the take the risk.

Although I haven't seen a theater movie since the original "Austin Powers", I can understand the theaters viewpoint. Theaters are hurting badly in many areas and if everybody's second cousins half-brother wants to see 'American Sniper" then they gotta accommodate it from a business standpoint. Personally, I don't equate a cancellation or screen switch to customer service but I'm not a movie goer anymore. Maybe you could have had a pizza delivered and rented the DVD version of "On Golden Blonde" instead...

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
I should have posted about something important like if I should even bother cleaning the MAF on a two year old car or leave it alone till it idles rough and the take the risk.

That's right! How dare you take your wife out on a date! You should be doing some mundane maintenance tasks on your vehicles or rummaging through your local auto part stores looking for motor oil deals.
smile.gif

You are so un-BITOG like.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
I should have posted about something important like if I should even bother cleaning the MAF on a two year old car or leave it alone till it idles rough and the take the risk.

That's right! How dare you take your wife out on a date! You should be doing some mundane maintenance tasks on your vehicles or rummaging through your local auto part stores looking for motor oil deals.
smile.gif

LMAO!!!!

smile.gif

I am going to redeem myself by getting my wife a second MityVac for our household as a birthday gift.

I have never had this happen before and didnt even know they can do it.

On a side not, its pretty awesome American Sniper is so popular.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but I think the theater did you a favor. Blackhat is a pretty bad movie, from what I gathered.
smile.gif

Sadly, the theater where I saw Blackhat didn't do that and I was able to see the movie. They did you a favor...
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
What wife wouldn't love that gift?

Well at least it wasn't a bathroom scale, diet books, fitness equipment, dishwasher, or windshield wipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back