How's VW reliability these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Lexus, all day, every day.

If you want a fairly sedate and uninspiring
drive with excellent reliability.

Everything I've read about the new 350 F Sport has been positive about how the car drives. Apparently Lexus has put a lot of work into the chassis.

Personally, I would love to have one.

That said, I'm spoiled by my GTI's cargo flexibility. The Golf R is also a somewhat rare, and in my eyes a special car.

The M3 is an incredible car, but it seems like one of those cars that never lets you relax. That's why I traded my STi for the GTI, because it was always screaming at you to drive faster. Some people love that quality, and I thought it was fun for a couple of years, but in the end it wore me out.

I have a 2002 Volkswagen Golf GL 2.0 Non-Turbo and they only issues I have had to correct in the 3 years ive owned it was the windshield wiper motor/linkage needed to be replaced and the rear window wiper is seized up as I never use it. Im at over 174,000 KM and the automatic transmission on these is "suppose" to be terrible.

And the car's been through what.. 13 harsh Canadian winters!!! -40 degrees Celsius etc.

I haven't had any issues beyond the wiper issues and the car is made in Brazil I think from looking at all the made in Brazil glass print etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bruno
The cars are fine but the dealers are pathetic .

It's been that way for decades now, at one time up until the early 70s VW dealers in the USA were some of the very best, with outstanding service departments, the techs were well trained and the service was reasonably priced which was also rare for dealers even back then. Today US VW dealers are among the worst around, with poorly trained and often times clueless and incompetent techs, and outrageous prices, and obnoxious service advisors as well. VWoA will do NOTHING to change this even though they have the power to revoke franchises that continually fail to provide good service to customers. Now there are SOME exceptions to this rule and the good service departments are amazingly outstanding which is all the more puzzling.

VW and reliable do not belong in the same sentence. I'm not anti German - I Audi products are just JUNK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back