Futura Scrambler LT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of getting a '98 E250 that will need tires right away. I'll probably bring it home this afternoon. Pep Boys has what seems like a reasonably good deal on Futura Scrambler LT225/75R16 tires at $550.43 out the door after applying code SAFE15. The only cheaper tire I've seen locally is the GT Radial Savero HT2 at Discount Tire for $513.80 out the door.

What do you think?

I believe they're made by Cooper. They're kind of cheap looking IMO.

Tire rack has some Yokohamas for $86 each. Go into Discount Tire and they should be able to order them for you through TireRack and shipping is free for them.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Tire rack has some Yokohamas for $86 each. Go into Discount Tire and they should be able to order them for you through TireRack and shipping is free for them.

It's a 3/4 ton van. The $86 tire isn't an LT-rated tire.

Double check that those are the LT Load Range E tires your 3/4 ton van needs. Pep Boys web site shows them as a "P" tire with a Load index of 104. the LR-E tires have a Load Index of 115 (112 dual).

"Cooper manufactures tires for Discount Tire Company under the Arizonian brand name, and Futura Tires for Pep Boys. Cooper Tire also manufactures Hercules branded tires in Findlay, Ohio."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_Tire_%26_Rubber_Company#Other_brands

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Double check that those are the LT Load Range E tires your 3/4 ton van needs. Pep Boys web site shows them as a "P" tire with a Load index of 104. the LR-E tires have a Load Index of 115 (112 dual).

"Cooper manufactures tires for Discount Tire Company under the Arizonian brand name, and Futura Tires for Pep Boys. Cooper Tire also manufactures Hercules branded tires in Findlay, Ohio."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_Tire_%26_Rubber_Company#Other_brands

It looks like there's a P type tire called the Futura Scrambler AP, and an LT tire called the Futura Scrambler API, which is load range E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back