Fatal Car jacking in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit too close for comfort.

It sounds like a probably nice, trusting old guy that just let his guard down. If it was ever up! What a dreadful shame.

Salt on the wound, the old guys family can't find the confiscated truck because it might have been already sold?

Maybe this is a new money making scheme in Detroit to help the precincts make ends meet. Hire heroine addicts to jack cars, arrest the addicts then sell the cars for a quick buck.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Salt on the wound, the old guys family can't find the confiscated truck because it might have been already sold?

Maybe this is a new money making scheme in Detroit to help the precincts make ends meet. Hire heroine addicts to jack cars, arrest the addicts then sell the cars for a quick buck.

Truck was found. It had been abandoned and set on fire.

Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Originally Posted By: Donald
I for one do not want to see a lot of citizens carrying guns who are not trained in firing a weapon where bystanders may be near by. Trained on firing a gun is not the same as being trained to use your gun out in public.

Donald,

You do realize people who have permits to carry are the most trust worthy people in our society, don't you? Firearms are used to STOP more crime by far then used to commit crimes. Don't take my word for it, it is well documented at www.FBI.gov.
We have this little thing in America called the 2nd Amendment that liberal gun grabbers HATE! You have no right to dictate who can and can not carry a firearm to defend themselves. Self defense is a God given right and not something given to us by Government. I'm a certified firearms instructor and I teach to the general public along with military and LEO students as well. I teach people how to handle themselves in public while armed and make sure they have the skills and training necessary to defend themselves in public.
Why don't you come to one of my classes AT NO CHARGE and see for yourself what CCW is all about and educate yourself a little before spouting off about something you have little to no clue about. The offer is on the table.
+1

+2

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It sounds like he was a nice, trusting guy that let her use his phone. He let his guard down and she overpowered him, and he couldn't get out of the way fast enough.

What a shame.

This is why you gotta keep it movin'... you really, truly just never know.

My apologies, I did not mean put a Detroit label on the crime.

I have experienced my share of crazy/junky females with sob stories asking for money few times in Romulus in the Marriott parking lot. Both times, I just got my red eye flight and did not have my CCW with me.

Hope they put her away for a long time!

[flame on] Walled Lake PD should train their staff to be extra trigger happy when apprehending criminals like her [flame off]

Originally Posted By: Donald
Still not a reason to carry a weapon in your car.

Interestingly, nobody has the right to tell me how I can and how I can't defend myself and my family. Having been attacked by 9 individuals bent on causing me harm, I can say, without question, a firearm with well more than 7 rounds is often a necessary tool.

Sometimes, where you live matters too. My previous residence in CT was trouble free and there was simply no need to carry regularly. The risk was very low. My current residence in Florida is another story, and so is Detroit.

Tonight, I'm taking the dog for a walk down the local dirt roads. Not only do I have some awful, criminal neighbors that I need to guard against. But I also have to deal with roaming packs of pit bulls and Rottweilers.

My good neighbor, 5 homes North of me, on my street, was nearly killed by 3 dogs. Ripped her neck to shreds and tore up her arms and hands. In her own yard.

I'm carrying 30 rounds on my walk tonight. Idiots that think 7 rounds are enough, and will willingly pass laws telling me I don't need more are absolute fools.

Originally Posted By: bradepb

"our police chief encourages law abiders to legally conceal carry".

Really? Is that a fact? I'm just interested if you have more information.

My other comment to this is that, as someone else pointed out, Waterford is quite a distance North of Detroit.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Tonight, I'm taking the dog for a walk down the local dirt roads. Not only do I have some awful, criminal neighbors that I need to guard against. But I also have to deal with roaming packs of pit bulls and Rottweilers.

My good neighbor, 5 homes North of me, on my street, was nearly killed by 3 dogs. Ripped her neck to shreds and tore up her arms and hands. In her own yard.

I'm carrying 30 rounds on my walk tonight. Idiots that think 7 rounds are enough, and will willingly pass laws telling me I don't need more are absolute fools.

Good gosh man...do you enjoy living in an area that you actually feel the need to carry 30 rounds of ammo?

Why don't you just buy an AR-15 and slap on a drum magazine?

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Good gosh man...do you enjoy living in an area that you actually feel the need to carry 30 rounds of ammo?

Dog attacks can happen anywhere.

Over the summer, a jogger was attacked and killed by two dogs. Not in Detroit though, near a city called Lapeer. I work with a number of people who live in and around Lapeer. It's primarily farm land, but if you're not a farmer, it's the type of place you move to because you want to stay away from "the city". In this case, "the city" is Detroit or Flint.

FWIW, the dog owners are being charged with 2nd degree murder. The dogs had apparently bitten twice in the past and the couple was recently told by their vet that the dogs were dangerous and needed immediate training.

I would definitely move if I felt the need to carry 30 rounds with me for a walk around the block with the dog. That's like living in a third world country.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I would definitely move if I felt the need to carry 30 rounds with me for a walk around the block with the dog. That's like living in a third world country.

Yes...precisely. A person would either have to be extremely paranoid, prone to exaggeration, and/or overly frightened....or live in an unsafe, cess pool of a community.

That IS NOT what living a good life is all about.

Time to move or seek psychiatric help.

No. And, when I built a home here and moved in, the problems started. Since I worked so hard to achieve this home, I was not about to be forced out. That was a stupid, bone-headed move on my part. I should have left immediately.

As for the name of my neighborhood, the cops call it "lawless land".

As for psychiatric help, I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem. And, I admit it. I was not about to let meth selling drug dealers push me out of my dream home. Pride is a horrible sin!

My house is nice, and it's on 2 fenced and barbed wire acres. But, it's really not worth all that much.

Last edited:

No. And, when I built a home here and moved in, the problems started. Since I worked so hard to achieve this home, I was not about to be forced out. That was a stupid, bone-headed move on my part. I should have left immediately.

As for the name of my neighborhood, the cops call it "lawless land".

As for psychiatric help, I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem. And, I admit it. I was not about to let meth selling drug dealers push me out of my dream home. Pride is a horrible sin!

My house is nice, and it's on 2 fenced and barbed wire acres. But, it's really not worth all that much.

Wow....well, good luck with all that then.

I am honestly 100% on your side. Filthy, scummy, drug dealing trash make me sick. I wish, for your sake, that you'll do what you can to some day get out of that area. I realize you feel it's a 'dream' house....but if you must barb wire the property line and feel the need to carry 30 rounds when you go take a walk....is it really a dream or is it a nightmare?

You really will never win in this situation. If you ever confront one of these pieces of garbage and get into a confrontation....the system won't help you much. And then you'll probably be harassed...or worse.

I've learned one thing about a community gone to the dumps....they NEVER come back. And the authorities won't help you at all.

When the scum moves in...they move in to stay. Time for the decent people to leave.

I picked up a hitchhiker just a week ago. I only do it now if I'm solo, gotta be in the mood with the guard up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back