Lunchbox/cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently carry a briefcase and a lunchbox for work. I'm looking for a lunchbox/cooler that also has a separate compartment that I could carry other things in and eliminate the briefcase. I typically carry water and a few light snacks, and pens, navigation, cords for electronics, hand sanitizer, and necessary paperwork. Duluth Trading has something that I like, but I was wondering what else was out there. Here's the link for Duluth Trading.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/louies-lunch-box-insulated-cooler-79702.aspx?kw=%27undefined&processor=content%27

I've been looking around for something like this too. Right now I just have a cheap Coleman cooler from Walmart. It has a couple aide pockets, but they can't carry much of anything. I have to say those from Duluth Trading are about the best I've seen. Duluth Trading makes some great stuff, I have some of their "fire hose" work pants and I absolutely love them.

If I had a briefcase that would hold my lunch along with whatever else is required, I'd put the lunch in a ziplock bag and add to it a medical gel-pak. That would keep things nice & cool all day. I keep several in the freezer and they come in very handy for a variety of uses. If your local pharma doesn't sell them they can probably tune you in. They might even have some to give away since many meds require cold storage during shipment. Doesn't hurt to ask...all they can do is say no.

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
If I had a briefcase that would hold my lunch along with whatever else is required,

Water is the problem. I carry 5-6 bottles a day, and getting them in a briefcase, and keeping them cold is difficult.

assuming liter bottles, at 5-6 you are around 2 gallons of water.

i carry a thermos jug that holds a gallon of water, this way i start out using my own filtered tap water from home and can refill at any faucet or water fountain.

just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Probably not what you wanted to here, but I would continue to do what you're doing. In fact, that is what I do. I carry water with me, but keep some in the cooler as well.

Do you carry your briefcase around at work? It would be a pain to have to carry your lunch (and the 5-6 water bottles) in that too IMO.

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
assuming liter bottles, at 5-6 you are around 2 gallons of water.

i carry a thermos jug that holds a gallon of water, this way i start out using my own filtered tap water from home and can refill at any faucet or water fountain.

just a suggestion.

.5 liter bottles. I've worked up to 14 hours, so I can drink a lot.

I'm looking to reduce the amount of stuff I have to lug to work, so the thermos doesn't help.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Ebags CrewCooler.

I briefly looked that up, and it got pretty good reviews on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back