Murder half a block from my house Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a first for me; live in landlord got in a fight with a tenant and shot him dead. I knew something was up when 6 cop cars showed up along with Firetruck and ambulance.

How can anyone lose their conscious self control enough to kill someone else with several other people as witnesses???

Last edited:
Somewhere i heard estimates that 1-2 of every 10 people were mentally disturbed/psychotic. I'm beginning to believe that number.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Somewhere i heard estimates that 1-2 of every 10 people were mentally disturbed/psychotic. I'm beginning to believe that number.

Having worked with the public for 35 years I would say the number is much higher!

John

Another tidbit about the incident; all the people renting rooms in the house met on Craigslist. Craigslist. Great for finding cars, not so great for finding a mentally stable landlord or room mates!

Somewhere i heard estimates that 1-2 of every 10 people drivers were mentally disturbed/psychotic. I'm beginning to believe that number.
Fixed it for you.

I've believed that number for a long time now.

Just a couple weeks ago a friend of mine "L" was shot at and watched his best friend "C" get shot while at a drive thru. C ended up dying at the hospital on his birthday. All it was was over the Tahoe the shooter was in had tried to back up and almost ran into the Fusion they were in. Words were exchanged and it eventually escalated into a fist fight. The shooter kept coming after both of them even after repeatedly losing; Even going so far as to enter the Fusion to restart the fight. After the last fight he said something about a gun, returned to the Tahoe and pulled a stolen Beretta 9mm out. Shot at C first and hit him then after he went down started shooting at L who took a grazing hit to his arm before diving under the Fusion. The shooter then put several more bullets into the hood of the Fusion before jumping in the Tahoe and driving off.
It was completely irrational and unnecessary.
I drove L around a bit the night after it happened. He's in bad shape mentally.

I've never been big on gun laws, but you hear about stuff like this and start to ask yourself if we shouldn't be doing more to pre-qualify people before allowing them to wield this kind of power.

Still not for gun laws, but I definitely wish there were some reasonable way to keep the retards from getting firepower.

Sure it wasn't self-defense?

Landlord goes into HIS room and is chased/followed by victim. When you quit/retreat into your safe haven, best for anybody not to follow.

In roommate situation, each roommates' bedroom was a no-go zone.

1st degree murder charges? How's that going to stick? Landlord fully cooperating with police? Let the news twist it anyway they want.

Denver spilling into the 'Springs.

Originally Posted By: John_K

Having worked with the public for 35 years I would say the number is much higher!

John

Being in healthcare, I agree with you. You should see what eclectic ragbag of injured and often combative nutters comes into the ER especially every Friday night. "Code green!"

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What's code green in a hospital?

I thought code gray was for a disturbance.

EMERG-CODE544.jpg

Its different from place to place. For us a code brown is well very brown! Sometimes i feel like Dirty Harry, i get every dirty job that comes along!

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I've never been big on gun laws, but you hear about stuff like this and start to ask yourself if we shouldn't be doing more to pre-qualify people before allowing them to wield this kind of power.

Still not for gun laws, but I definitely wish there were some reasonable way to keep the retards from getting firepower.
All the laws including banning have no effect on those buying illegal firearms.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

The problem is someone on the verge of going bonkers, who owns guns, might not see a shrink in time to get help if they think their guns will be taken away. A lot of mental disorders are discovered/diagnosed as adult-onset.

The "fix" is better health care, screening, and mental health care, which doesn't really tickle the fancies of "the gun party".

This happened in November or so, here. They put up a sign asking for information.

Martin Luther King Blvs and Spruce St. - literally: Up The Block from us. Half a block, at that. (And this the corner the cops supposedly "sit" at. Big joke there.)

Goes to show that the city's "cameras" do not work for [censored].

Thank God that this happened while I was inside and sleeping. Newark NJ is a "High Murder Area."

Human life is not valued anymore.

And this seems like a good place to be owning a firearm! Though, NJ is so anti-gun that it is scary. That move to PA may happen, after all.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: John_K

John

Being in healthcare, I agree with you. You should see what eclectic ragbag of injured and often combative nutters comes into the ER especially every Friday night. "Code green!"

hotwheels

The old saying was that the real nutters came out on nights of the full moon. True?

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Denver spilling into the 'Springs.

Colorado Springs has been a hotspot for gun toting nutjobs for a long, long time.

You add in the religious nutjobs and the para-military nutjobs on top of the gun toting nutjobs, and you have one heck of a trigger happy location, that makes Denver looks sane.

So, no, Denver isn't "spilling" into Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs is a magnet for the three above mentioned groups of people who like being around similarly minded nutjobs.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back