Menards now carrying Bosch, AC Delco, MC, Mopar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Menard's is really expanding the oil filter selection.

For years, they've stocked Quaker State filters (Purolator Classic clone), along with the Fr*m Orange can of suckiness, and the Fr*m "Tough" Guard.

Now, they're adding Bosch, AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Mopar filters.

They didn't have all of the stock in, but it looks like it is going to be about 3-4 times the selection of before.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Fr*m Orange can of suckiness, and the Fr*m "Tough" Guard.

why do you think they "suck"? just how you feel or something regarding their quality/reliability you can prove?

cool!
now i never have to go to wally world! picking up motorcraft filters was pretty much my only reason to go there, but i'd much rather give menards my $$

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i don't know why they don't open here in New Jersey they would do really well

Same here in North Georgia. Although I'm a big fan of Home Depot and Lowes, a little competition never hurts.

Originally Posted By: 67lemans
I wonder what the sales will be like. I love it when they have the QS filters on sale for 1.99

Same here, $1.99 QS filter is great bang for your buck.

the Fr*m Orange can of suckiness, and the Fr*m "Tough" Guard .

Way to get them stirred up in the morning!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
the Fr*m Orange can of suckiness, and the Fr*m "Tough" Guard .

Way to get them stirred up in the morning!
crackmeup2.gif

Its a never ending battle. Haters gonna hate. Lol.

Most of the time, its all opinions anyways. No experience with either product whatsoever. Fram Extra Guards.. eh okay I can see the dislike. The only one I have seen to truly impress me was the PH3600. The TG.. no way. Its a pretty stout filter. Less than $6 at WM for a 10k filter is a bargain IMO.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
cool!
now i never have to go to wally world! picking up motorcraft filters was pretty much my only reason to go there, but i'd much rather give menards my $$

At least locally, Autozone has "average" MC filters (400S, 820S etc.) for the same price as WM. Its a good excuse to go in and check out the deals.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
cool!

FWIW, some of the Motorcraft filter PN's are actually cheaper at the local AutoZone than WalMart, for me at least.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt

why do you think they "suck"? just how you feel or something regarding their quality/reliability you can prove?

Only brand of filter I've had to take off of an engine, due to a problem with start up rattle.

Only brand of filter I've had to take off of an engine, due to a problem with start up rattle.

"OC of Suckiness" is worth a couple of chuckles there, I don't care who you are.

same here, thats why i don't use them anymore, that and the pricing.

awesome, just saw first hand the new stock of filters at menards earlier today.

Its just nice to see a wider selection of filters.

q-state, fram, bosch, ac Delco and mopar.

i picked up a nice shiny bosch tonite and once its used i will cut that beauty open and check it out.

well the bosch filters are the premium series not the extended blue ones whatever they are called, so they are 4.99 a filter

but the motorcraft filters are more expensive then walmart also being 4.99 a filter

i didn't really look at the mopar/ac delco filter pricing, I'll check next time, i would imagine they are slightly higher then walmart as well. but maybe they will have some sales.

alright so the Ac Delco's are priced around 4 bucks a piece, not bad for an oem filter.

but the the mopar filters are almost 7 bucks a piece, same at walmart, what makes these filters so pricey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back