Looking for a digital automotive clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a stick-on digital automotive clock that has lighted LED numbers. I drive a school bus and need a clock that stays illuminated so that I stay on schedule. Something with red numbers(?). I currently use my cell phone and am constantly checking it like a train conductor. Have a stick-on clock is less distracting.

I'm not sure how any battery would ever be able to keep the display illuminated all of the time... and not have to be changed on a weekly basis.

If it has to be lit all of the time, it'll need a source for 12 volts.

Would a watch work? For less than $20 you can buy one of the red led watches, and since you have both hands on the wheel of the bus it should always be visible.

A GPS would have an accurate clock in it.

As a school bus driver are you banned from distractions? All you need is some kid saying "Mommy, he's ALWAYS on his cell phone".

Hello, I second that! A kid just got a driver fired by complaining.
While it wasn't due to cell phone use it does show you the "Tattle-Tale" garbage SOME of us have become in this country.
THANK YOU politicians and "news" people. Don't forget the consumers of such "news". Kira

ps Sorry to hijack the thread.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Something like this.

I have an earlier version of that very same clock in my F-150, except it was only battery powered, with no socket backup. The illumination does very good when the battery is new. When it gets a bit weak, well, the illumination is weak. I do love the clock, though!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Something like this.

I have an earlier version of that very same clock in my F-150, except it was only battery powered, with no socket backup. The illumination does very good when the battery is new. When it gets a bit weak, well, the illumination is weak. I do love the clock, though!
If it's less than 12 volts a simple regulator will bring it to the proper voltage. Google "78 series regulators".

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no 12volt socket. I thought about a cheap wrist watch with luminus hands. I run my route pretty tight and need a time piece that I can visually check without having to push a button to light it up.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Unfortunately, no 12volt socket. I thought about a cheap wrist watch with luminus hands. I run my route pretty tight and need a time piece that I can visually check without having to push a button to light it up.

How much extra work does it really take to push the button on the side of a watch? Given that not all of your route is in the dark, and that there is some ambient light from the bus, a simple watch shouldn't be an issue. Besides, if you can't take the moment to push the button there are lots of LED watches that are "always on". Spend a minute using Google and you'll find dozens of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back