Address of BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can also do it yourself by going into the command line and type "ping 74.116.1.35" and "tracert 74.116.1.35"

You dont need that website

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 285south

You can also do it yourself by going into the command line and type "ping 74.116.1.35" and "tracert 74.116.1.35"

That'll only give you latency, not throughput.

Originally Posted By: Smcatub

This thread is officially over my head.
45.gif

If the OP wants to know the location of the server..... of course the actual BITOG server IP address might not be in a site in Alabama.

The IP address I get with a NSLOOKUp of bobistheoilguy.com is:

nslookup bobistheoilguy.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: bobistheoilguy.com
Address: 74.116.1.35

As WHOIS query for the 74.116.1.35 IP address of bobistheoilguy.com shows -

NetRange: 74.116.0.0 - 74.116.3.255
Organization: Express Web Systems, Inc. (EXPRE-56)
RegDate: 2009-07-24
Updated: 2012-03-02
Comment: http://www.expresswebsystems.com/
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-74-116-0-0-1

OrgName: Express Web Systems, Inc.
OrgId: EXPRE-56
Address: 200 Ashley Circle
City: Dothan
StateProv: AL
PostalCode: 36305
RegDate: 2009-07-10
Updated: 2009-07-28

Originally Posted By: Throt
Originally Posted By: Smcatub

This thread is officially over my head.
45.gif

Me too !

The server is in Atlanta, hosted by Express Hosting. EH is a great company with very knowledgeable support folks.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
The server is in Atlanta, hosted by Express Hosting. EH is a great company with very knowledgeable support folks.

Wayne

Thanks WW, that's what I wanted to know. BITOG is not the only place I'm having issues with, It's just that there are so many knowledgeable people here.

TWC says, "not their problem"

From this far corner of the South Pacific I find BITOG is ripping fast, much faster than my personal website which is hosted in Ohio.

I would attribute the speed though to the fact that the content is nearly entirely raw text.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
From this far corner of the South Pacific I find BITOG is ripping fast, much faster than my personal website which is hosted in Ohio.

I would attribute the speed though to the fact that the content is nearly entirely raw text.

Wrong. Not entire raw text. Raw text would be a website like Fanfiction.net The major hubs of the internet in the US are LA, San Jose, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, McLean VA, New York City

Map of the World's Internet Cable

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME

There is a LOT of static content that makes up the forums. Every image you see, css, and javascript as well. We use a CDN that caches all of the static content on servers around the world. When your browser requests a page from the forums, it has to be built dynamically, but the static content (large stuff) is served from the CDN datacenter closest to you. We started using a CDN about a year ago. It makes a huge difference in page load speed. Our server is also a dedicated box that is extremely fast, so it builds the dynamic content and gets it to your browser extremely quickly.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back