Has your cellphone replaced your watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wwillson
Years ago, I haven't worn a watch for 10 years.

Wayne

I'm about the same. It's also replaced a notepad and planner, camera, video recorder, ccomputer and a bunch of other stuff. but yes the reason I don't have a watch on is because I have a cell phone.

Rarely.

I work in TV and we have atomic clocks all over the place with the "right" time. Computers also sync and are accurate.

I could get an atomic watch, but never got around to it.

My watch broke and I discarded it because I never used it, and it was always less accurate.

My cell phone has the "right" time but I keep it in a coat pocket and it's not very accessible.

No, but I am almost old. 61 yr.

I have a kinetic Seiko watch, I leave it on 100% of the time, swimming, shower, etc. Never needs a battery (7 years) and always shows me the correct time.

Never. A watch just isn't about time for some people. The less contact i have with a cell phone the better.
I have the phone out of necessity otherwise i could care less about the thing and even less about a smart phone.

Don't have a cellphone and don't want one. I'm usually not alone and everyone with me has one. If I really need to make a call, I can borrow one. There are 7 clocks in the house not counting the ones on each of 5 cordless handsets, a clock on each computer screen and a clock in the car. What do I need a watch for?

I like wearing mine too. It isn't anything special, but I like not having to look at my phone for the time. Its less professional IMO.

Yes - a watch is a bit old fashioned now. But they'll make a comeback in one form or another. Some people just like jewelry.

I have always worn a watch.
Regardless of whether it is one of my cheap/beater Casios or one of my dress Seikos, I like the feel of having something on my left wrist and feel awkward if nothing is there.
I keep my cellphone on my belt. It is a hassle to keep pulling it in/out of the case.
Very simple to just look at my wrist.

Replaced, no. I still use a dedicated alarm clock also.

I don't wear a watch much, if I do it is a Lumi Nox "tactical" tritium watch. It goes well with my neck knife, my paracord bracelet and my holster.

Replaced my watch with a cell phone? No.

I can tell the time with my watch and have no desire to drag my cell phone (on the occasion that I carry it) out when I want to know the time.

Old habits die hard.
Watch on my wrist, pocketknife and lip balm in front pocket.
Just don't feel right without them.

Nope. I am in my late 60's so I cannot give up the watch. Been wearing one all my life and it is just part of dressing in the morning. Also I would be lost without my pocket knife. But my kids use their phones for everything and I have never seen them with a watch on the last several years. I carry a cell phone for emergency or for the kids to contact me if I am out, but thats it.

No. Analog watch all the way. I like knowing what time it is with a glance. It's much more convenient if you're in a meeting, out doing something active, or...changing your oil.

Heck NO ! I`m not going to dig a cell phone out of my pocket every time I need to see the time . Plus you increase the risk tenfold of dropping the cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back