Yahoo Mail problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to forward a YouTube file, I get a notice to add text so the file is not considered spam. I add text but, still can't forward it. Yahoo has not been helpful. How to fix? Thank you. ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I copy and past the youtube file to my yahoo mail and try to send it.

If you were sending the link to a video, it would look something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-0mmVnxPA

If the actual video is on your computer and you are trying to send the file itself, you should ATTACH the file to your outgoing message.

Are you doing either one of these things? If the answer is no, then you're doing it wrong. I have no idea what "copy and paste the youtube file" means.

Step 1. Don't use yahoo
Step 2. Get a gmail account
Step 3. Problem resolved

I assume by "File" you mean a youtube URL. I don't use yahoo so I can't really help, but I assume they have some sort of anti-spam filter that looks for emails with little text and a URL.
The only thing I might suggest is make sure that you have a subject line, and add more text to the body.

I get a lot of spam email in my old Yahoo email, but I keep it just for the few newsletters I get from being sent by a couple clubs I belong to.
Been using outlook mail for (guessing) 10+ months and no loads of spam, so far. Someone told me it's a kind of gmail but that doesn't sound right to me. I'm pc stupid anyway.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I get a lot of spam email in my old Yahoo email, but I keep it just for the few newsletters I get from being sent by a couple clubs I belong to.
Been using outlook mail for (guessing) 10+ months and no loads of spam, so far. Someone told me it's a kind of gmail but that doesn't sound right to me. I'm pc stupid anyway.

No. Outlook mail is Microsoft.

Gmail is google. They are completely different things lol

Hotmail is Outlook mail. It works well, as does Gmail (Google). Even YMail, a branch of Yahoo, is better than Yahoo Mail. But I still wouldn't trust it. That's why I use Hotmail and GMail.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Step 1. Don't use yahoo
Step 3. Problem resolved

Actually..last I checked yahoo mail servers were ranked ahead of GMail and second to AOL. I have a GMail account also but Istill prefer Yahoo. I have used it from the very beginning.

I like their security features. You can view log in locations and see if anyone is jacking your mail. Its almost impossible bc both GMail and Yahoo give you the option of calling your cell and giving you a code when logging on a new/other device.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Step 1. Don't use yahoo
Step 3. Problem resolved

+1 gmail is great. Yahoo mail? Awful. I had a yahoo account for a short time and it was so bad I ended up deleting the account.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You need to re-check those checking places you check.

Yea..it looks like things changed in the last year
#1 GMail
#2 Outlook
#3 Yahoo
#4 GMX
#5 iCloud
#6 AOL
Now that's according to: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/internet/3448241/whats-the-best-free-email-service/?pn=2

Quote:
+1 gmail is great. Yahoo mail? Awful. I had a yahoo account for a short time and it was so bad I ended up deleting the account.

Strange. I have used it for 20+ years. Very few problems. Curious what you found wrong wiith it?

Last edited:
Hacking Al....... lots of it. Notorious for using it's members Contact Lists and sending false emails to those on your Contact List, addressed from you and with a virus inside.

If you choose to (and you really should) Google has about the best security you can get. They have a 2-step login process that sends a code to you, which you must type in before it allows login from an unknown device.

PITA for sure, but this day and age, completely necessary.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Hacking Al....... lots of it. Notorious for using it's members Contact Lists and sending false emails to those on your Contact List, addressed from you and with a virus inside.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that happens with Facebook and LinkedIn where you give them cart blanch to spam you by letting them control your email password.
I have gotten this spam from friends that have AOL and Gmail.

If you have had your Yahoo Jacked its your (not you personally) own fault IMHO

Obviously I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Quote:
If you choose to (and you really should) Google has about the best security you can get. They have a 2-step login process that sends a code to you, which you must type in before it allows login from an unknown device.

Yahoo has that. Its pretty common. Vanguard also has it.
Also I don't believe Google allows you to see the IP#'s that logged into your email and other Yahoo features. I could be wrong. If I am let me know.

Last edited:
Honestly not sure....I remember seeing it in the past year but I didn't take advantage of it until say 2 months ago.
I don't think its a real PITA as it only comes into play once for each device. But yea..necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back