Officer Wilson to not be federally charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: datech
It is too bad about the Brown kid. Apparently a number of friends, relatives, etc. liked him.

A smart crook would have said to Wilson "yes sir, right away sir" and then run down an alley, avoiding capture. Instead Brown tried to bully the officer. The kid probably wasn't a real criminal. Maybe he was just pranking, out stealing cigars after he graduated.

I really feel sorry for the residents of Ferguson. MO. A lot of them will be stuck there.

He wasn't a criminal for stealing?

Now you're making excuses for criminal conduct.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
It is too bad about the Brown kid. Apparently a number of friends, relatives, etc. liked him.

A smart crook would have said to Wilson "yes sir, right away sir" and then run down an alley, avoiding capture. Instead Brown tried to bully the officer. The kid probably wasn't a real criminal. Maybe he was just pranking, out stealing cigars after he graduated.

I really feel sorry for the residents of Ferguson. MO. A lot of them will be stuck there.

I meant he wasnt' a REAL criminal, with emphasis to indicate that he might not have been a professional iifetime criminal, but rather a just graduated high school kid without a job.

It was criminal conduct, I'm just not sure that he was a professional criminal. Not that I know him, nor have I read anything online about his personal character. Sometimes kids raise a little [censored], especially right after they graduate from high school.

He was a big boy, and in the state he must have been in (fight or flight) , he was certainly a formidable threat to the general public's safety, and especially Officer Wilson.

As I said earlier, Brown was most certainly in a "fight or flight" response mode, which practically turns a human into an animal. Wilson probably got to about the same place after the initial confrontation with Brown and Brown's response.

Critics of police need to pick their battles better. This was not the one to go to the mat for.

The one that ticks me off is the kid with the bb gun. The 2 cops drove in like storm troopers nearly ran the kid over, got out of the car and immediately shot a kid dead.

real brave

Quote:
doodfood: The fact that there are race baiters on Brown's side means that it's hard to call some people's attention to institutional racism, police conduct, and the broken incentive structure for DAs. If you try, those people just lump you in with the race baiters and stop listening.

You might try to explain what you mean by, "...institutional racism, police conduct, the broken incentive structure for DAs."

You seem to assume that the problem lies within the justice system and that everyone is racist.

I don't assume that nor do I accept any of your inferences.

Furthermore, you seem to be one of those who believe that when the justice system finds you committed a crime, or died in the commission of a crime, it is the justice system, and not the criminal element, that needs scrutiny and behavorial modification.

Exhibit A, my friends. Look how many assumptions people draw from a simple mention of certain topics.

Why is it d00df00d that you often come off as if you are quoting from a professor's lecture or quoting from a book?

You have any proof of that institutional racism of the police? Any statistics? In NY City over 50% of the police are from minority groups. Are they racist against themselves?

If you are talking about the police conduct of Officer Wilson it has already been demonstrated that he did nothing wrong. But maybe from your point of view he was supposed to allow himself to be beaten to death or shot with his own gun.

The broken incentive structure for DAs? I don't think there is any approved incentive structure for DAs to charge a innocent person. Both the grand jury and the federal investigation cleared Wilson.

I did not quote any college professor or quote from a book.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: grampi
The problem is, the people who are pro-Michael Brown don't care that he was in the wrong, all they see is a black vs white issue....

People keep saying stuff like this. It's like you all have no idea that this knife cuts both ways. The Wilson camp is just as infested with people who refuse to acknowledge institutional racism and are far too willing to make a hero of someone who guns down a young Black man.

Exhibit B: A statement full of Platitudes and that undefined "Institutional" wording again.

Wilson was a hero to those who enforce the law and believe in the Rule of Law verses anarchy, lawlessness, and criminal misconduct.

Wilson was a hero to those who enforce the law and believe in the Rule of Law verses anarchy, lawlessness, and criminal misconduct.

A hero?

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Fairness requires the rule of law. Rule of law requires sober discourse. Sober discourse requires everyone to be aware of the idiots on all sides, including their own.

Fairness has had it's say; the rule of law has been exercised.
The Rule of Law has presided and decided. It's done.

How many times should someone be raked over the coals for the same thing? Until you get the result you desire? That is not how our system works.

+1 Yet some people will beat it to death on the board until the thread gets locked.

Last edited:

I meant he wasnt' a REAL criminal, with emphasis to indicate that he might not have been a professional iifetime criminal, but rather a just graduated high school kid without a job.

It was criminal conduct, I'm just not sure that he was a professional criminal. Not that I know him, nor have I read anything online about his personal character. Sometimes kids raise a little [censored], especially right after they graduate from high school.

He was a big boy, and in the state he must have been in (fight or flight) , he was certainly a formidable threat to the general public's safety, and especially Officer Wilson.

As I said earlier, Brown was most certainly in a "fight or flight" response mode, which practically turns a human into an animal. Wilson probably got to about the same place after the initial confrontation with Brown and Brown's response.

He was a REAL criminal...he had a rap sheet...

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

A hero?

I'd say that's a pretty good name for someone who does a thankless and dangerous job to keep the public safe...what would you call him?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Fairness requires the rule of law. Rule of law requires sober discourse. Sober discourse requires everyone to be aware of the idiots on all sides, including their own.

How many times should someone be raked over the coals for the same thing? Until you get the result you desire? That is not how our system works.

+1 Yet some people will beat it to death on the board until the thread gets locked.

This wouldn't happen if there weren't still so many people who believe the cop did something wrong...

He was a REAL criminal...he had a rap sheet...

And we didn't ever get to see his juvenile
records, but there are rumors that the list of crimes is VERY long during his "childhood".

Wilson is a hero, and he did society a favor because this perp will never commit another crime against anyone else. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

This wouldn't happen if there weren't still so many people who believe the cop did something wrong...

I hear ya!

I saw his records on another site not sure if they were true or if in fact someone successfully hacked them somehow but I wonder if this goes to a civil court if they can release juvenile records?

In a civil case I bet they do at least release his parents arrests records and the step dad too.

Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Originally Posted By: Reg# 43897
"Break the law and you may get caught.
Get caught and you may pay a price.
The price you pay may be your life, as the officer is not obligated to forego his for yours."

I like that! Nicely said.

John.
Well said. More generally:
"Place me in fear of my life,
the price you pay may be your life,
as I will not forfeit mine for yours."

So when do we get to kill cops who place us in fear of our lives?

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

Bath-Salt-Symptoms-Watershed1.jpg

Why are cops putting you in fear? Only criminals should fear cops. Are you a criminal?

Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Originally Posted By: Reg# 43897
"Break the law and you may get caught.
Get caught and you may pay a price.
The price you pay may be your life, as the officer is not obligated to forego his for yours."

I like that! Nicely said.

John.
Well said. More generally:
"Place me in fear of my life,
the price you pay may be your life,
as I will not forfeit mine for yours."

Wow

どぞ dozo (as they say in Japan)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Why are cops putting you in fear? Only criminals should fear cops. Are you a criminal?

Are you saying cops never ever step out of line on people who've done nothing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back