Logging into ESPN3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to cut cable out, but I need (up to personal opinion) to have my ESPN for drag racing.

I've looked at Sling TV and am looking forward to it coming out so I can mess around with it and see all the details. While I don't plan on having cable, I do plan to keep FiOS for local channels so I will have a Verizon FiOS account.

Since I will have a Verizon account, does anyone know if using ESPN3 goes as far to check for subscription to their channel within the Verizon account?

If you still have internet, you can use something like the Roku. I have the ESPN app on my Roku 3, and I don't recall having to sign in to get access to it. I'll check it out later and will let you know.

I've used WatchESPN on my android tablet and it required me to log into my Verizon account before my first use. It remembers it going forward now.

I just learned that Verizon internet (FiOS or HighSpeed) both include ESPN3 regardless of cable subscription.

Win for me.

I just tested it on my Roku 3. I logged out so that my FIOS information was no longer saved and I was still able to watch the ESPN 3 content that was on the Roku, but I could not access other things like ESPN 1 or ESPN 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back