Another HT/LT/Aging Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
This test was developed by an additive company to simulate low temperature viscosity increase after high temperature oxidation and aging.

What is this test, its Acronym, and what company developed it?

Note: This test is being considered for GF-6 and next generation Dexos'.

Guidelines for the Question of the Day:

1. No Piston Cup Lapel Pin will be awarded to the same person within 14 days of a previous award.

2. Please respond with a complete sentence or explanation.

3. Please do not post links. If a question arises as to the need for clarification, then sources and links may be requested.

4. Please, no off topic posts.

Last edited:
Mola, if I'm right, I want my pin and the appropriate ceremony.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Mola, if I'm right, I want my pin and the appropriate ceremony.
wink.gif

Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee!
grin2.gif

I occasionally leave a question up for more than one day to see if anyone else might respond.

No knashing of teeth, no beheading.
shocked2.gif

Garak is unquestionably correct.

And for that, we bestow the new and improved 3-D Piston Cup Lapel Pin complete with miniature (silver) piston rings on the piston proper.

During the ceremony, GARAK will annointed with a 1 mL vial of pentaerythritol ester.
happy2.gif

In the latest issue of TLT from the S.T.L.E., Don Somlenski of Evonik states:

Quote:
The ROBO test was developed to simulate the Sequence III aging of the oil with subsequent evaluation of the low-temperature properties of the used oil. This is a glassware test that incorporates a metal catalyst to simulate wear metals, the addition of NOx to simulate nitration, air to simulate oxidation and vacuum to simulate volatizaton of the light ends of the oil. It correlates very well with Sequence III low-temperature viscosimetrics but is quicker and more than an order of magnitude less expensive. This effectively allows screening of even relatively minor changes for effects on low-temperature viscosity after aging.

The ceremony for GARAK will be held at 8:00PM tonight at the Paris Hilton Hotel in MARSHFIELD, Mass.
thankyou2.gif

Last edited:
Well, the flight was cancelled, so I couldn't make it. As an alternative, my public beheading will take place at the summit of Saskatchewan's highest mountain on the first day of our monsoon season. Drinks and dancing will follow.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Is there going to be a pyre ?

I'd love to come.

Definitely. And crop circles. Everybody loves crop circles
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,

there's been plenty of pyres in OZ recently

My ancestors called them, "Offerings to the Great Spirit," and a "journey to another world."

Doug, we gotta have another 10 cup coffee klatch.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
The video streaming won't happen, because at the lofty altitude of Saskatchewan's highest peak, wireless coverage is spotty at best. The pyre depends upon the oxygen at that altitude and how strong the monsoons are. There will be crop circles, and if there is no pyre, please convert my remains into G-Oil.

That'll work.
wink.gif
In all honesty, our Cypress Hills (not mountains by any stretch of the imagination, but our highest peaks) do have some rather spotty cell coverage, and anyone living on ranches there is generally stuck with dialup.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back