Identify the Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, show your geographic knowledge and name the location depicted in the picture below. I took the picture in a place where people actually live. Despite its vintage looks, this is not a movie set or an old picture. Taken in summer 2013.

hotwheels

Well spotted. I'll have to try harder next time!

Randsburg is a great place to spend a few hours. I stopped there on my way to the Alabama Hills, where I explored the hills for several days.

hotwheels

There was another guy from San Fransisco who liked to take pictures.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
There was another guy from San Fransisco who liked to take pictures.
grin2.gif

LOL and have a slew of user names.
crazy.gif

I've been to Randsburg several times. I used to ride dirt bikes in that area and we'd go to Randsburg for lunch. There is all sorts of stuff in that part of the Mojave.

I'd never heard of Randsburg, so I spent a little while looking it up on the ol' internets just now. Turns out I was not to far from there last couple times I was in Cal.

Another place I want to visit is Bodie.

Alright, hopefully this location is a bit more of a challenge! Where is this?

If you click on the picture and open it in a new window, it will be bigger for improved viewing of details. Apparently BITOG scales posted images.

To any San Franciscans, would you like to start a photo group?

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I've been to Randsburg several times. I used to ride dirt bikes in that area and we'd go to Randsburg for lunch. There is all sorts of stuff in that part of the Mojave.
we used to parkn in cal city and ride there. I've tried to put together another ride but there's little interest.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Alright, hopefully this location is a bit more of a challenge! Where is this?

If you click on the picture and open it in a new window, it will be bigger for improved viewing of details. Apparently BITOG scales posted images.

To any San Franciscans, would you like to start a photo group?

hotwheels

Doyle,ca.

For extra points, and looming exclusion from my future quizzes, can you tell us what kind of weird annual races are held in lovely Doyle?

hotwheels

I had to google the races. I wont post it since I had to cheat on that.

If there's a ghost town or western town around Ive probly been to it or at least heard of it.

I was not that impressed with Bodie. I prefer places that are open for business. Can only look in so many windows at dust covered things before that gets boring.

The rd to Bodie is terrible! And that's coming from a jeeper.its full of washboard and potholes.there's better jeep trails lol

They hold the annual world lizard races there. I have no idea who, besides the native lizards, actually shows up. The Buck Inn had just been sold last time I was there in June 2013.

The problem with Bodie is that it's clearly in a fake state of arrested decay. Nobody can tell me they are not actively maintaining the buildings. I have been going to Bodie for 20 years, and if anything, it looks better each time. I don't find the washboardy dirt road to Bodie that bad, and I drive a low ground clearance VW Corrado with sport suspension.

hotwheels

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back