drive through take out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot may not agree with me but, I would have done exactly the same.

There is something wrong with keeping money I didn't earn.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Odd that it took some analysis to determine they should not keep the money.

I agree, maybe I'm the odd ball but I wouldn't even think on it...

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Odd that it took some analysis to determine they should not keep the money.

Especially after the statement regarding their beliefs...

Apparently in our morally bankrupt society one has to think about it before returning something that isn't theirs.

I went to 7 Eleven to get gas one time a few years ago. I was supposed to get back $3. Instead of 3 one dollar bills,she gave me 3 $100 dollar bills. I didn't even consider keeping it. When I got back into my car to put it in my pocket I saw how much it was,I walked right back in and gave the money back to her.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I went to 7 Eleven to get gas one time a few years ago. I was supposed to get back $3. Instead of 3 one dollar bills,she gave me 3 $100 dollar bills. I didn't even consider keeping it. When I got back into my car to put it in my pocket I saw how much it was,I walked right back in and gave the money back to her.

Did you at least get the $3 she owed you?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Did you at least get the $3 she owed you?[/font]

that's exactly what I was thinking, I would be [censored] and would have said, you wasted my time!

How much is your soul worth?

Burger King - you really have to institute a policy where cash may not be placed in bags, containers, etc. that might be given to customers or discarded in the trash.

I am really surprised that a manager had not placed the money in a safe far sooner. I hardly believe a manager would let the average employee have any access to that amount of money.
I guess I am to the point of life where I do not trust people with the potential to steal a fair sum of money. Especially young people on minimum wage entry jobs.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Did you at least get the $3 she owed you?[/font]

that's exactly what I was thinking, I would be [censored] and would have said, you wasted my time!

Haha oh yeah,absolutely :p

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

She would have fired if you were not so honest.

I bought $15 lotto tickets for a lotto pool a work, 7-11 employee gave me $15 change after giving him a $20 bill. The guy appreciated my honesty.

I was at a Wal-Mart and the Cashier (Garden Dept) gave me too much money back.

I brought it to her attention and she recalculated, and again gave me too much money.

I took it and walked out.

Does that make me dishonest ? ? ?

Edit: It was a couple dollars.

Last edited:
Let me hop into the way, way, way back machine for a couple of minutes:

Back in the late 90's, I was a manager at several McDonald's restaurants in the Boulder, CO area. I would have to put together several bank deposits in a day.

First, a tally would be made of all the cash and checks, and a deposit slip filled out.
Then the money and checks would be put into a bank specific plastic bag, that then gets sealed.

As a rule, when we would have a Shift Manager run a deposit to the bank, we always made sure that the bank deposit bag was placed into a food bag before the deposit was to leave the office area of the store. Also, once the deposit was placed in someone's hands, they were to go directly to the bank, and no longer assist anyone in the store with anything.

This way, if anyone was to see an employee leaving the counter area, they wouldn't know that the employee was carrying a bank deposit, and wouldn't be a target of a robbery.

The rule was that the deposit bag stayed in the food bag all the way until the employee was at the bank teller window. Not while in line. Not while in their car. Period. During my time there, no employee from my store was ever robbed.

So, I would need more info if the bag was full of loose cash, or if the couple tore open a plastic bank deposit bag in order to see how much cash was there.

If the bag had loose cash in it, I would immediately suspect that an employee in the drive through was skimming cash from the register, and someone accidentally sent it out as an order, which also doesn't make sense, because the order should be double checked before it's handed to the customer, anyway.

Glad I haven't worked for McD's in nearly 20 years, that's for sure.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back