Regular $1.69, E85 $1.84....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you read that right. I just filled up in Nevada, MO tonight at my favorite MFA (Top Tier fuel provider) and regular was $0.15 less than E85. That is not going to make the ethanol fanboys happy. Looks like rough times in the near future for ethanol. I wonder if this will drive any changes in the industry or in government policies.

EDIT: Yes, I have asked mods to move this to the fuel section.

Last edited:
Lowest here 2.34 for reg, what if gas is up to $3-$3.5 this summer, the prices won't stay low for long.
Imo factors include;
US increase production
Saudi trying to reclaim market share, lesson renewables & more expensive fossil fuels profitability
A financial hit to Russia, Iran and other producers (ISIS)
Slowdown in Asian markets demand
Higher efficiency improvements past decade Etc.
One or two of those factors change and price could be back up to $4 here in a few months time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SLATRON
Lowest here 2.34 for reg, what if gas is up to $3-$3.5 this summer, the prices won't stay low for long.
Imo factors include;
US increase production
Saudi trying to reclaim market share, lesson renewables & more expensive fossil fuels profitability
A financial hit to Russia, Iran and other producers (ISIS)
Slowdown in Asian markets demand
Higher efficiency improvements past decade Etc.
One or two of those factors change and price could be back up to $4 here in a few months time.

The big saudi oil shiek said oil will never go over $100/barrel again. He said it was artificially high and it will not happen again. That would go against what one would think is in his best interests.

gas is 1.99$ here, 20min away its 1.70$

diesel is 2.99$ 10min away 2.39$

yes that's a big swing.. welcome to NE ohio.

Oh, they have to come with a good reason....maybe higher taxes?

Who knows...

Up to 1.99 again here....

E85 has always been a silly fuel, IMO.

But oxygenates do have their place in fuel. For all the anti-ethanol crowd, I'm sure you'd prefer MTBE, which at around $1500/ton in bulk equates to around $4/gal?

I'll take Ethanol as an oxygenate, and have less concerns about water table mobility, thank you very much.

E85 was $1.69 yesterday while E10 was $2.09.

Depending on how the engine likes ethanol, I am betting cost per mile might still be the same or maybe even a bit more with E85.

Last edited:
Though I use anything from E0, E10, E15, E20, E30, and E85, I am strictly a cost per mile person. I know the mpg numbers I get from each of these fuels. I look at the pump prices, figure the lowest cost per mile, and go with that. Right now, in my area, that is E15. It was definitely E85 last winter. I like the flexibility of being able to use all the different blends of fuels. And though I have a fondness for ethanol blends, I have no problem just using regular if the price is such that it gives me the lowest cost per mile. It sure is better than being locked into just a couple of fuel choices. I have a smorgasbord of fuels I can choose from. If nothing else, that is the beauty of ethanol and flexfuel vehicle.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

The big saudi oil shiek said oil will never go over $100/barrel again. He said it was artificially high and it will not happen again. That would go against what one would think is in his best interests.
What else is he going to say. He's trying to keep people out of the oil business.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
E85 has always been a silly fuel, IMO.

But oxygenates do have their place in fuel. For all the anti-ethanol crowd, I'm sure you'd prefer MTBE, which at around $1500/ton in bulk equates to around $4/gal?

I'll take Ethanol as an oxygenate, and have less concerns about water table mobility, thank you very much.
I doubt many would have a problem with ethanol if it wasn't forced on you and you had to subsidize it to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back