Help me choose a cool name for new workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, as strange as it may seem to ask, but I thought there must be a few people here that would have a few good ideas to help me choose a good name for my small workshop.

Basically, I have a small work shop were in my after hours time I do a few tune up's and services. I try to do as much work on your typical muscle car's and V8's, but I look after a small Varity of different cars.

So the sort of name I'm after, well the type that appeals to me the most is the ones from the era of cars I prefer. I have always admired companies like Edelbrock, Crower, Mallory and so on, especially for there heritage roots. You know the old classic American engine shop type naming, that's the sort of stuff I would like to use.

To add, the sort of things that I also sort of like are the older type words, like Power Tune, or Power tunning, but I was worried that they may sound a little tacky these days.

So I was hoping there would be someone out there that's been around long enough to of experienced the American Muscle car or Hot Rod scene and have a few ideas going through there head.

All comments welcome, retro or not!

Thanks.

So this is like a small business?

How 'bout: Heritage Performance

cheers.gif

Yeah, very small, after hours, only because I enjoy it type thing. I don't do all mechanical repairs, more so tuning, services, play around a bit with Carbys and Distributors.

Thats Not a bad name at all either!

Thanks.

The other sort of thing I was sort of trying to do was not leave the door open for all types of work. Since that I'm more so like a Lube Technician, I guess than a qualified Mechanic. I guess you could say a Mechanics Trade assistant at best.

So when people see or hear my name they sort of think Service / Lube and Tune maybe????

Heritage Lube & Tune?

I kinda like the name Heritage. Kinda makes it seem ol fashion. You motto can be: Old Fashion name, Old Fashion Service!

I'd make a logo like the old anti smoking adds, the red circle with the line through it.

and a grain of long grain rice in the centre.

Call it "No Rice"

"Legacy Motor Works - SOE"

(Legacy Motor Works, South of the Equator).

Some words NOT to use in your shop name:

"Eliminator," "Dominator," "Plugger," etc.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back