SUS VIS 210ºF 53.8

cSt @ 212ºF 8.42

FLASHPOINT ºF 440

FUEL
ANTIFREEZE 0.0

WATER 0.0

INSOLUBLES 0.2

TBN 3.7

Blackstone Comments: Your first sample from your brand new Grand Cherokee looks like just a wear-in sample should. Metals and silicon are high, but that's just the result of new parts wearing in and sealers used to put the engine together. You should see some promising improvements with each oil change until your reports look a lot like universal averages, which show typical wear for the 3.6L V-6 Pentastar engine after about 5,300 miles of oil use. The viscosity was in the 5W/20 range and the TBN shows lots of active additive remaining at 3.7 (1.0 or less is low). Try 7K miles next time.

Last edited:
MAKE UP OIL ADDED None
What was the oil level on the dipstick at the time of the oil change. If it was close to full that could indicate rings are already seated.

FLASHPOINT ºF 440
There is no problem with fuel dilution.

TBN 3.7
BORON 53
MOLYBDENUM 196
The factory fill is good oil.

Kinda looks like PYB doesn't it? The ZDDP is a little low, but so is the moly, not unusual for Blackstone so could be PYB.

Or maybe the syn-blend? Very high flash point.

Anyway looks good to me clearly lots of break in going on.

Originally Posted By: jorton
MAKE UP OIL ADDED None
What was the oil level on the dipstick at the time of the oil change. If it was close to full that could indicate rings are already seated.

FLASHPOINT ºF 440
There is no problem with fuel dilution.

TBN 3.7
BORON 53
MOLYBDENUM 196
The factory fill is good oil.

I didn't check the dipstick, the vehicle is my wife's and she took it in to the dealer for the oil change. We got a few free oil changes thrown in for free when we bought the truck. Based on the results I think I changed the oil too soon. I'm going to stretch it to 7k next time and see what the results bear.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Kinda looks like PYB doesn't it? The ZDDP is a little low, but so is the moly, not unusual for Blackstone so could be PYB.

Or maybe the syn-blend? Very high flash point.

Anyway looks good to me clearly lots of break in going on.

Yeah, I have no idea what the factory fill was. Based on the part# which they the dealer changed the oil with, it might be Mopar oil.

Definitely a PYB's signature. From a single UAO analysis I had seen the PYB does wonders in Pentastar 3.6L Engines.

For a 5K interval on a brand new engine the numbers look awesome I think, but I wouldn't wait longer to change this oil as I think anything over 150ppm in wear metals is abrasive.

Last edited:
Nice strong flash, viscosity, and insols. That pentastar throws copper like it's a 2 for 1 sale. I would be interested in subsequent UOAs on this engine to trend wear metals.

This is a solid engine... very happy with ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back