Oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much B.S. about oil filters I can't believe it. I have been using AC Delco blue filters for 15 years, they are good and less than $5 at Walmart. Three vehicles and well over a million miles, not one problem. All this and using Mobil 10 30. So I guess it is what ever blows you're skirt up. At this time the oil in my 2006 GMC Canyon is at 12,000 miles and I will change it at 15,000 as always.

"Blows your skirt up"

Excellent!

I may start using this instead of "floats your boat."

I agree with you post, BTW.

Originally Posted By: rokwldr
There is so much B.S. about oil filters I can't believe it. I have been using AC Delco blue filters for 15 years, they are good and less than $5 at Walmart. Three vehicles and well over a million miles, not one problem. All this and using Mobil 10 30. So I guess it is what ever blows you're skirt up. At this time the oil in my 2006 GMC Canyon is at 12,000 miles and I will change it at 15,000 as always.
Ever cut one of yours apart?

Tell us how you really feel.

Ive been eating Wendys for over 20 years they are good and less than $2 in every town. I cant believe people still go to McDonalds. But just like a good hamburger.."whatever tickles your pickle".. lol

There is so much B.S. about oil filters I can't believe it.

Don't worry....soon BITOG will alter your brain and you will become obsessed with oil and filter....you will obey

02.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Ever cut one of yours apart?

I changed my oil on the Sierra for the first time right before Christmas. Had 5200 miles on factory fill. I did cut the filter open. Unfortunately I didn't snap any pictures. I took off a PF63 and replaced with the same. The filter looked great. Anti-drainback valve was soft and pliable. The pleats were uniform and tightly spaced. I've got five more waiting in the wings and I won't lose a minute of sleep using them.

Ac delco once was good but I stopped useing them when they went to ecore design I had one I cut open and not pretty. The internals were lopsided. cage was still intact and pleats looked acceptable but not like the old design.

That 10W-30 will work just fine in Florida, up here in Virginia I have to use a 5W-30.

Those AC Delco filters work just fine for the average car,
however GM has had two Corvette engine failures due to the filter.
For a performance application, use a wire backed filter.

Don't forget an oversized filter may fit, been using oversized for 30 years, no problems.
I just put a Fram 3600 on a garden tractor...

LOL ... so? If you don't like reading about people debating oil filters, then don't read this forum. How's the saying go when someone is irritated over nothing ... "someone must have put some sand in your panties".
grin.gif

Ecore lover hey.

If you haven't cut one open yet it could change your mind. I thought Motorcraft filters were a great deal for the price. have cut 3 open and found defects with 2 in a row.
I have cut open 2 AC Delco E-core filters as well. They both looked OK when I cut them open. After sitting on my bench for over a month with the oil having run off of the media, they were mushy and the pleats crumbled and broke away from the ends just from me picking them up yesterday. One of the 2 Fram Extra guards I had, the media broke from picking it up, but it didn't feel mushy. They might be OK on a daily driver, but I would be concerned using them on a vehicle that sat for long enough for the oil to drain off the media completely for an extended period of time.

High efficiency filters do seem a bit unnecessary for OCIs shorter than say 7500 miles. While it has been done here (and by you obviously) before, I wouldn't take a filter much above that unless the recommended OCI is being followed or manufacturer says so.

But you seem to be having good luck what what youre doing so keep it up.

Wow, thanks for wasting my time to read your thread. Care to add any actual details about this oil filter b.s. you talk about?

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
Ac delco once was good but I stopped useing them when they went to ecore design I had one I cut open and not pretty. The internals were lopsided. cage was still intact and pleats looked acceptable but not like the old design.

Just for clarification, the PF63s I used, and have in reserve, are not Ecore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back