castrol magnatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, who buys oil from anywhere but Walmart? Unless if you're buying it with major discounts or if you're buying a top tier oil such as Amsoil.

It's a syn blend/full syn that sticks to your engine parts...

end of story!
smile.gif

The AAP / AZ OCI special is actually a very good deal if you happen to have an application that takes an expensive filter. If you can use the 3 buck filters then not so much.

The filter for our KIA is 11 bucks even at Walmart, so the AAP/AZ OCI special which includes a filter for it is a good deal. Bought one already and plan to buy another.

No experience with the Magnatec yet but I really like the Synblend it's replacing so I figure I will like it too.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The AAP / AZ OCI special is actually a very good deal if you happen to have an application that takes an expensive filter. If you can use the 3 buck filters then not so much.

The filter for our KIA is 11 bucks even at Walmart, so the AAP/AZ OCI special which includes a filter for it is a good deal. Bought one already and plan to buy another.

No experience with the Magnatec yet but I really like the Synblend it's replacing so I figure I will like it too.

Yeah, few years ago Pep Boys had 5 qt M1 + M1 oil filter (no price limit) for $29.99, I bought a couple oil changes with M1 cartridge oil filter for my E430, the regular price of that filter at Pep Boys was/is $19.99 and $14-15 at Amazon.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
It's a decent oil; you buy a higher quality blend at Walmart for the same money as AAP.

wait a second... the FULL SYN of Castrol MAGNATEC is the same price as syn blend.

each time i go to AAP and Auto Zone i go to font counter and ask the guys a question and say

if 1 company say Castrol has a syn blend and the same company castrol has a full syn should the full syn cost more and the syn blend should cost less??

and they say OHH yes full syn is more $. then i say I think you made a mistake in your prices and i show them the Castrol MAGNATEC and how they are the same price and they look all confused and 1 guy even called his manager b/c he was new it was his first day. .

The 2nd time i went into the same AAP i saw a guy that i already showed him and he told me he called the Reg Manager and that price is correct...

I said man I wish I could get MAX LIFE FULL SYN FOR THE SAME PRICE AND MAX LIFE SYN BLEND.

Its funny.. try it out on them when you got to auto part store.

however i have not seen this oil at wallymart yet.

also what oil were you referring to when you said you buy a higher quality blend at Walmart for the same money as AAP.

what oil are you talking about?

I thought this new castrol magnetic was the best oil out right now as far was wear protection goes.

Has anyone seen this in walmart yet.Walmart here has know synblend product on selfs and know castrol. Black bottles

We just started carrying it at O'Reillys. It advertises that its "super refined molecules stick to the engine."

I plan to shoot my local rep a call and ask him a few questions as to pros and cons of this vs. the Edge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Homyality
We just started carrying it at O'Reillys. It advertises that its "super refined molecules stick to the engine."

I plan to shoot my local rep a call and ask him a few questions as to pros and cons of this vs. the Edge.

Hey..Welcome parts counter guy!

Originally Posted By: brush
is this oil any good seen it at aap

Hate to be that guy, but your terribly vague threads definitely deserve a:

SEARCH!!!

Originally Posted By: Homyality

Liking this idea too!

At our local Walmart yesterday, I still saw Castrol Syn-blend on the shelf. Five quart jugs and quarts. No Magnatec. I asked a lady who seemed to be involved in inventory control if they were ever going to discount the remaining Syn-blend on the shelves since it was being discontinued and being replaced with Magantec. All she gave me was a blank stare and told me I would need to talk to the ordering manager. Some local Walmarts I've been in have neither Syn-blend or Magnatec on the shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back