Jeff Gordon Retiring From Nascar..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen him race in usac and was at his first race 1992 hooters 500 . Jeff was never the same after dale passed

Originally Posted By: mulehead
Seen him race in usac and was at his first race 1992 hooters 500 . Jeff was never the same after dale passed

He was never the same when Jimmie Johnson took the spotlight away!

I'm surprised he's retiring; if he hadn't turned into Brad K at Texas, he might have won the championship this year; he's still a top contender.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: mulehead

He was never the same when Jimmie Johnson took the spotlight away!

I'm surprised he's retiring; if he hadn't turned into Brad K at Texas, he might have won the championship this year; he's still a top contender.

Yeah....still seems to have the drive...

Jeff Gordon is retiring from NASCAR, and the following year Haas F1 starts. Coincidence?

I'm no Gordon or NASCAR fan, but he's fast, likeable and still fairly young-ish. I'm sure he would have his choice of one-off sports car and/or endurance races in-between NASCAR fill-in rides. I can see an Indy 500 effort at some point.

He's reached a point in his life, where he can do whatever he pleases. That's something we all aspire to. Good for him.

Originally Posted By: whip
Jeff Gordon is retiring from NASCAR, and the following year Haas F1 starts. Coincidence?

Doing what, though? A team principal has already been named. As for driving, he's too old, has no Super License, and doesn't meet the eligibility requirements for even seeking a Super License. He also could stand to lose a good ten pounds or so.

If a bunch of NASCAR people try to get involved in any official race weekend events in F1, I'm sure Charlie Whiting's hair will fall out, or he'll be handing out penalties as a full time job.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back