2 Questions: computer RAM and cell phone power btn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can check the task manager and see what else is using up a lot of processing power. You can probably run some clean up on the PC, uninstall unused programs, maybe switch to a lighter weight anti virus, and run a defrag if it hasn't been run in a while.

Might be time to start looking for laptop deals...

I doubt it is the fault of Windows that Minecraft is so CPU hungry on that platform.

I have seen Minecraft on Windows, it is just as blocky and ugly as it is on tablets. It runs on unimpressive dual core tablets without overheating them. So I suspect that they are using some inefficient bloated code in Windows. Perhaps Microsoft will clean that up. Or maybe not.
wink.gif

I told my daughter I'm am not chasing that demon, the get a new computer to keep up with the latest game thing. This computer does well with internet and everything else, just a little slow with minecraft. I've run every ding-dang malware, antivirus, check this and that, defrag, disk clean up, program block program you can shake a stick at, but to no avail. I've had some success with going into task manager and turning just about everything off from iexplorer, to menu items to just about anything else besides java, but that java program is one hungry beast. Funny, when we first loaded minecraft up last year, it worked fine, but she's been building lots of stuff and that's probably what's dooming it.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
I doubt it is the fault of Windows that Minecraft is so CPU hungry on that platform.

I have seen Minecraft on Windows, it is just as blocky and ugly as it is on tablets. It runs on unimpressive dual core tablets without overheating them. So I suspect that they are using some inefficient bloated code in Windows. Perhaps Microsoft will clean that up. Or maybe not.
wink.gif

yeah the inefficient bloated code is called JRE.

That processor is what defined netbook as too slow.

its around 620cpumark

by contrast the 2009 core2duo desktop I just bought for 79$ is 1500 cpumark or 2.5x faster.

I got a 399$ laptop special for 229$ before Christmas.. it has a Intel Core i3-3217U
2300cpumark.. Thats about as slow as I would go for a new notebook thats going to see use as a 1080p video player and heavy facebook use.

my 2011 i5-2500k is around 8500cpumark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back