Gumout: Multisystem Tune up vs. Fuel System Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Originally Posted By: Pontual
He's a Seafoam man. Doing seafoam (after the water spritz), worked in his mower soaking the piston with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdT4DPFXIkM

Would soak pistons with baby oil do the same effect?

Seafoma is mostly light mineral (pale) oil, anyways.

Maybe this video will shed some light.

Actually no, because a cold soak in parts, isn't the same as fsc usage. It need a hot engine moving parts to get cleaned by them.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

The All-in-one is Gumout's strongest product and has the most PEA.

But is it still their strongest product now that Multi System Tune Up is out?

I have been using their Regane and Regane HM in my cars, and we don't have all in one or the Multi System Tune Up in Canada. I will be travelling to the US a couple of times this summer though, so I will pick up either All In One or MSTU, depending on which one has more PEA in it.

Originally Posted By: Patman
But is it still their strongest product now that Multi System Tune Up is out?

Just for there options, is Red Line SI-1 out in your area? Also, if you have a Great Canadian Oil Change in the neighborhood, they do have the Amsoil stuff, at least they do out this way.

I have used Redline SI-1 in the past, and I do believe there are a few places around here that still carry it. But I really have had great results with the Gumout products, they cured a leaky injector in my Honda. At one point I was seeing 7% fuel dilution in my Honda's UOAs, and now it's down to zero. I also had hard starting problems when the car sat unstarted for longer periods, and that went away after using Gumout Regane. So I have a lot of confidence in their products, and going forward I'd like to use the strongest of their products so that it would keep my combustion chambers and injectors clean as possible.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I agree, Patman, I do like the Regane. However, it's another one of those cases where we have to wait for CT to put it at 50% off.

Definitely! I've never purchased it at full price, I always wait for the 50% off sale if I'm buying it up here. But on a recent trip to the US I bought one bottle of Regane at Target for $4.

Yikes, we get shafted on that, too. My Red Line has gone up a tiny bit, but still better than CT's regular price on Regane. That is one of the things I'll watch for on special at CT and grab. Partsource advertised it on occasion, too, but at least one of them in the city here doesn't even carry the product! I'm in the aisle hunting like an idiot for something they don't bother stocking.

You know what really bothers me? When I send an email to a company asking them a technical question about their product and they completely ignore me!! I sent Gumout a question at the beginning of the week asking them which of their products is most effective at cleaning the carbon from the combustion chamber (since they list a lot of their products as doing this job but I'm sure some are stronger than others at that task) and they did not reply at all. This is not the first time a company has ignored an email from me, I think my response rate for stuff like this is probably less than 10%! If you're going to put up a website and then give contact info, it's just good business practice to answer those emails!!!! ARGH it makes me so angry!!
mad.gif

I used to use Techron. It did help me with my fuel gauge not reading correctly, and oddly enough, with a slight hesitation I was having at very low throttle openings\low speed. However, it didn't do much for my cold starts in the winter. I've switched to Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up, and couldn't be happier. One thing I didn't like, was Gumout never answered my question of "what is the difference between Advanced PEA, and regular PEA"? It's not a new thing for manufacturer's to not answer my questions. Whenever I ask the aftermarket performance parts manufacturer's for data and dyno tests to backup their claims for more HP and TQ, I generally don't get an answer either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back