Best Vehicle Financing Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to start a thread to discuss lowest financing rates.

I shopped around a little bit today. Stopped by 2 banks (First Tennessee and Fifth Third Bank) and one credit union.

Here's what they offered (obviously for someone who qualifies):

1stTN - 2.9% for 60 mos

5th 3rd - 3.1% for 60 mos

Old Hickory Credit Union - 1.9% up to 72 mos (must live in this area and start a min. $25 savings account to join)

I know some OEM financing arms offer as low as zero percent, but I'm looking at WRXs, and I don't think Subie offers that...

I have not checked with any dealers.

Anybody else find a lower rate than these?

All those rates are excellent. Especially the Old Hickory.

I just bought a new car in September, 3.9% for 71 months. (Why 71 I don't know but that's what they gave me).

credit unions will almost always beat the rates of a bank. dealers will almost always work out a deal with local banks, and then add on an additional percentage.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union's current rates are 1.49% for 36, 2.24% for 48 & 60, and 2.74% for 72 months.

I've used them in the past and they're very good to work with.

The 0% offered by the dealer is often in lieu of the factory incentives so if it is offered you must be sure the interest saved is worth at least the value of whatever incentives you are trading…

Another vote for PenFed. Currently have one loan through them at 1.49%. Process went fine, despite only dealing with them online and over the phone.

My local credit union (Wings Financial) is at 2.99% right now.

Penfed has had the best rates for a long while. The first place to check would be them.

When I bought my last truck, the two cheapest rates were from 5/3 and a local credit union.

Since I was already a member of the Credit Union, that's where I went.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Penfed has had the best rates for a long while. The first place to check would be them.

Another vote for Penfed. You can join even if you aren't military. Have to do a 1 time donation to a charity to join.

They also have great credit cards as well. 5% off any brand if you pay at the pump.

Have had two auto loans with them. Very professional.

Get your best rates and see if the dealer can beat them. My last 2 cars the dealer handily beat what I was able to get.

CEFCU (local credit union)

2014 & Newer 1.99% @ 66 months
2011–2013 2.09% @ 66 months
2010 2.19% @ 66 months
2009 2.39% @ 60 months
2008 2.79% @ 48 months

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Not many can pay with cold hard ca$h.

It's a lot easier with just a bank check. I was going to do cold hard cash, but then they'd have to fill out all that paperwork, but then they agreed to give me the bank check without charge so I skipped the cold hard cash.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Our local credit union offered us 2.4% which is pretty decent but we qualified for Honda's 0.9%. We didn't complain!

Was the price of the car negotiable... or did you pay dealer set price ????

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Not many can pay with cold hard ca$h.

Then people need to quit the "I deserve" mentality and realize that they are beggars who can not be choosers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back