Quaker State Ultimate Durability or Mobil 1 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current fill is QSUD 5W-30, very smooth and low noise. I'm only 800 miles into my OCI but seems like a fine choice.

Originally Posted By: Swift101
My current fill is QSUD 5W-30, very smooth and low noise. I'm only 800 miles into my OCI but seems like a fine choice.

A better test of an oil will be after you use it for 200-300K(miles).

I'm going to give it a shot during my next service, because at $21 a gallon it's just cheaper...il save $10 because I have to buy two containers.

I have a lexus and I've run a few different things....Mobil 1 (seemed fine), Carquest synthetic (seemed fine) and now TGMO 0w20 (seems loud in the engine).

None of them have gotten me better fuel economy. None of them burned oil. None of them got dark too quickly. I have had virtually the same results from them all...lose a half quart at 5k miles and the oil stays clean until 4k miles...then I change it at 5.5k miles.

I imagine QS synthetic would be fine in my car - from everything I've read it's basically PP. An oil that is good, but maybe not made for extended oil changes. And I've none done an extended drain - although I'm going to give it a try with TGMO - if for nothing else, but to justify what I paid for it.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
QSUD seems to be happy in our ecotec engines...

just installed my first change of QSUD in a fleet van. Seems quiet and smooth to me...

Same here in my Elantra

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
QSUD seems to be happy in our ecotec engines...

just installed my first change of QSUD in a fleet van. Seems quiet and smooth to me...

Same here in my Elantra

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
My ex's Mercury Marauder likes QSUD.

Well that proves that QSUD is good. Of course, any used Grp II oil in the sump would sound the same and be as smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back