Please help diagnose a driveline vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
The shop i use will, just have to make an appointment. Make a day of it and be done with it.

It can be amazing. I buggered up a yoke beating out an old ujoint and had to have it straightened.

Interesting to note we have never replaced a center carrier bearing ever in our history of extended van ownership....

Originally Posted By: Miller88
How is the AWD used for fun?

By that, I mean that I never really HAVE to drive in the snow...when I do, I go do donuts in parking lots for the fun of it. The car is perfectly serviceable as a FWD vehicle.

Before I put any money into the prop shaft, I will:

1) Confirm tire balance on Firestone's road force balancer; and
2) Wait a few months to assess whether I really care to fix it anyway. I plan to drive this car for many more years to come, and if I move anywhere from NC, it'd likely be further south towards FL, so the usefulness of it will only decline in the future.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Trav
The shop i use will, just have to make an appointment. Make a day of it and be done with it.

It can be amazing. I buggered up a yoke beating out an old ujoint and had to have it straightened.

Interesting to note we have never replaced a center carrier bearing ever in our history of extended van ownership....

The only GM center carrier bearing i can remember totally failing (not just making a little noise) was on a 70 Chevy 3/4 ton camper special with the 8'6" extended bed with split rims and that was over 30 years ago.
Your right it seems pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back