Scangauge 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody use a scangauge 2 , and do you like it, I just got one for my motorhome with a ford v 10 for transmission temp and fuel mileage ,any tips thanks

Originally Posted By: Bumble_guy
Anybody use a scangauge 2 , and do you like it, I just got one for my motorhome with a ford v 10 for transmission temp and fuel mileage ,any tips thanks

I have two, one in the work truck and use it to monitor trans temp and other things. If it's below freezing, the trans temp will give goofy readings. The fuel level never has read above 97% either, other vehicles it would go to 99. It's depressing seeing the fuel usage in the V10.

I bought another to use in the Accord to maximize economy.

Once you have it set up with a couple fill ups, it's a very accurate trip meter. I don't have range anxiety after the fuel light comes on because I can see how much fuel is actually left, and the range.

Very useful tool and better than the factory trip meters.

The v 10 in my 30 foot class a gets anywhere from 6.5 towing a Chrysler mini van to 11.5 not towing flat ground 55 mph ,way better than my last rig 34 foot with the ford 460 with the banks system with headers ,trans chip only got 6 mpg downhill , love the v10 and I am a chevy guy

The v 10 in my 30 foot class a gets anywhere from 6.5 towing a Chrysler mini van to 11.5 not towing flat ground 55 mph ,way better than my last rig 34 foot with the ford 460 with the banks system with headers ,trans chip only got 6 mpg downhill , love the v10 and I am a chevy guy

I rented a u-haul with a v-10 around 2000 iirc. That truck fully loaded and I could barely tell. Drove it from collingwood ontario to saskatoon saskatchewan. Great unit

Originally Posted By: Clevy

I rented a u-haul with a v-10 around 2000 iirc. That truck fully loaded and I could barely tell. Drove it from collingwood ontario to saskatoon saskatchewan. Great unit

When I stomp on it in my van carrying 14k pounds, it really moves. Scanguage reveals ~30 gallon/hour fuel consumption when near redline
shocked.gif

For best fuel economy I try to keep the GPH below 12. So far 8.6mpg over 4300 miles; and that includes about 30 hours of generator use. Generac 5500W RV generator uses about .5gph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back