13,000 km PP 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 2013 (also an LS with the 1.8l) ticks to 0% at 7,500 miles - 2 trips a day - 50 miles each way.

I believe the OLMs were dialed back post the 2011 or 2012 model year. Then again the 1.8l are supposedly easy on oil, and I think you can find some UOA for the 1.4 that should QSUD lasting until about 7,000 or 7,500.

You should be able to, but follow your OLM while you're under the warranty period.

Does your vehicle specify synthetic oil, or is the OLM set for conventional oil? If you have an OLM, follow it, then do a UOA on the oil you drain out of it and see if can handle going longer.

Originally Posted By: sicko
You should be able to, but follow your OLM while you're under the warranty period.

Does your vehicle specify synthetic oil, or is the OLM set for conventional oil? If you have an OLM, follow it, then do a UOA on the oil you drain out of it and see if can handle going longer.

That was the first year for dexos1 requirements, so the OLM you'd think is different (longer oci's) that way compared to the model year before.

I take it 7,500mi in a Toyota V6 and an Acura V6. Doesn't break a sweat. Lot's of analysis show it working fine at that mileage.

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
Can I go this long with a non turbo 1.8L

- 50/50 highway/city
- cold winter startup

any inputs?

Since Chevrolet has installed an “Engine Oil Life” computer system in the 2011 Chevy Cruz, we'll always recommend that you follow any direction that you get from your OEM. We don't recommend going against what the experts at Chevy say (after all, they are the experts when it comes to their engine!) - The Pennzoil Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back