Honda ATF Z1 11738 Mi 2006 Ody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kira
To VH45DE: Are you going with Honda's DW-1 or something else? Kira

Still using the honda Z-1 until my stock is depleted (after the next 2 d/f). Been doing it every 7k at same time as the M1 0w20 AFE, since i cut it over to synth.
now has 111k. no cooler, no issues.
Oh, i did do the filter change at 93k (was just over 6 yr in service. filter looked fine, no chunks of gook in it.

Hello, Does anybody know if the 2007 Odyssey's transmission has an "in vehicle serviceable" filter?

We've done 2 drain & fills on this vehicle with DW-1.
It was purchased with 46K and had only dirtied the fluid some. I've seen tons worse. Kira

My 2007 Accord V6 did, though service depts. will tell you it doesn't.

I suggest visiting the online parts pages of Honda dealers and check the diagrams. If the Oddy uses the same trans (I think it does but won't swear to it) then it likely has a filter. By 2008, the diagrams made it look like it was the same filter as before, but it had been relocated internally and wasn't changeable. I had a disagreement either here in BITOG or at Drive Accord with the owner of a 2008+ Honda, who insisted it wasn't changeable. I learned that I preferred my crow sautéed in onion, celery and bell pepper....
blush.gif

The one in my Accord was small, maybe 2" x 2" round. It was also a PITA to get to as it was on the side of the trans. The Oddy may have better access.

FWIW it wasn't dirty at about 50k, so I didn't bother to change it out after that (traded the car at 120k). If I'd known it was going to be that clean I wouldn't have bothered the first time.

If memory serves, by 2007 that trans had been redesigned some to address the earlier issues. Some folks thought the Oddy's were more prone to issues because they weighed more than the sedans. I couldn't say either way.

BTW change the solenoids down near the bottom, if you haven't already and have >60k on the car. They're behind the inner fender liner on the driver's side. They control line pressures, and don't die as much as they slowly, imperceptibly reduce pressure and shifts. When I changed mine about 60k it seemed the trans shifted a tad better but that may have been cranial echoes
wink.gif

I also used Maxlife and LG Platinum, but not everyone likes that combination.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, Does anybody know if the 2007 Odyssey's transmission has an "in vehicle serviceable" filter?

It was purchased with 46K and had only dirtied the fluid some. I've seen tons worse. Kira

I don't conclusively know if the 2007 has the filter or not.
what I can tell you is the part numbers for the 2006:
FILTER- HONDA#25450-RAY-003
GROMMET- HONDA#91302-RAY-003
O-RING- HONDA#91301-RAY-004

It was on the side and inaccessible, so i removed the carrier plate from the topside and swapped out the filter on the workbench. it is covered by a plate with 3 bolts.

No it does not. 2007 is the year the Odyssey & Pilot got the 4 shaft 5sp developed for the Ridgeline. The 4 shaft is a solid design.

re: Hello, Does anybody know if the 2007 Odyssey's transmission has an "in vehicle serviceable" filter?

Last edited:
2007 Odyssey filter pic and gasket.. #1 and #20. Looks serviceable. Bet that accessibility is tight.

SHJ4A1700A.gif

25450-P4V-013
91305-PN4-003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back