If the gift you ordered online doesn't show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
If you want it to show up on time, you should use UPS.

Not to start a debate, but (at least in my part of the world), Fed-Ex is king. UPS consistently has delivery exceptions, especially now. I did most of my Christmas shopping online and Fed-Ex delivered everything on time. UPS was 1 day late on two packages, and 2 days late on one. There were 8 packages delivered by Fed-Ex and 5 packages delivered by UPS. In this last experience, UPS failed to deliver on time 60% of the time and this is on par with my experience with them for the last 5 years--they are late more times than Fed-Ex. At work we ship hundreds of packages with Fed-Ex; their rates are far cheaper than UPS and they are consistently on time. We switched to Fed-Ex as the primary carrier about 10 years ago and have had good success with them. UPS may be good in other parts of the US, I could not speak to that.

Fed-Ex is the worst private delivery service in my area. 90% of the time they deliver to the wrong address and then are unable to retrieve the package. USPS does the same thing, but they have gotten better.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Just boxes of Invicta watches, they'll be fine, their customer service is legendary!
Those watches will be easy to find since they are as big as my wall clock.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
If you want it to show up on time, you should use UPS.

Not to start a debate, but (at least in my part of the world), Fed-Ex is king. UPS consistently has delivery exceptions, especially now. I did most of my Christmas shopping online and Fed-Ex delivered everything on time. UPS was 1 day late on two packages, and 2 days late on one. There were 8 packages delivered by Fed-Ex and 5 packages delivered by UPS. In this last experience, UPS failed to deliver on time 60% of the time and this is on par with my experience with them for the last 5 years--they are late more times than Fed-Ex. At work we ship hundreds of packages with Fed-Ex; their rates are far cheaper than UPS and they are consistently on time. We switched to Fed-Ex as the primary carrier about 10 years ago and have had good success with them. UPS may be good in other parts of the US, I could not speak to that.

Here is's the other way around. UPS is pretty reliable, but FedEx is wonky. Their estimated arrival times are always wrong. Maddingly enough, they usually attempt delivery a day earlier than scheduled. Then they skip a day before attempting redelivery. I usually end up picking up FedEx stuff at the depot. DHL sent one of my packages to Brazil and back before getting it right.

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back