Nissan? New kind of ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Titan?

Either i'm getting too old or truck designers are trying to make them look hideous.

Edit:Boy,that kinda slapped me in the face when i opened that link.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KGMtech
well that is.....

interesting colour. Nice scenery. I bet that was a nice day for a drive.

Looks like they are trying to use the scenery to distract from how ugly it is.

Remember when trucks were plain jane. Square no lines I kinda appreciate that look now simple tough and worker friendly. This Nissan looks like a hopped up Optimus prime.

Is that new? It looks like the same truck with a "facelift" front grille and lights.

I dont get the giant grilles and lights. Older trucks were much more handsome.

I'm not going to single out Nissan too much, because they aren't the only people making ugly trucks.

But, I will says the I'm-more-macho-than-you-because-my-grill-is-bigger contest is going too far. Trucks are getting giant and ridiculous looking.

On the Nissan, it looks to me like they designed the truck, then said "oops, we need to make the front end taller so it has a bigger grill."

In this pic I roughly marked the top of the hood (blue line). If they had brought it down lower to be more similar to the side windows (red line) that would make it look more reasonable. The windshield would be bigger, too.

345j7tj.jpg

Nissan is barely hanging on in the truck market, and that design may just be the blade that cuts their rope...

...it's a pickup truck. Ugly?..who cares...it's a pickup truck. It is a vehicle created for working people to haul dirt, hay, tools, wood etc. I know there are plenty of yahoos that drive a pickup as their personal vehicle that never sees any work or hauling. I guess that crowd is very concerned about how good their pickup truck looks...I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
In my opinion the the 370Z and the Xterra are the only two cars in the Nissan stable that don't look melted or oddly proportioned...

They look like trucks you'd see in some cheap
chinese created cartoon. LOL

But I agree that all recently designed PU trucks look
grotesquely proportioned, with equally hideous styling.

My favorite standard size PUs were from the early 70s and late 60s...simple, rugged, and designed with practicality in mind..they are
timeless.

Last edited:
You got to have a certain taste to buy Infiniti products. Nissan/Infiniti seems to push the borders on design but they are like that ugly art piece in the museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back