Microsoft Next Lock Screen for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this today and thought I'd share. It's in the Google Play Store, and it offers a quick way to access text messages, calendar appointments, and some phone settings directly from the lock screen. What is really nice is it offers a flashlight button when you swipe up. I understand that a flashlight is included in Android 5.0 (Lollipop), but it's definitely not in stock 4.4 (KitKat) or earlier versions. I think this lock screen really adds value to Android's lock screen.

Interestingly, Microsoft publishes it, and it doesn't seem to push any MS products on the user. Maybe it's secretly collecting info in the background, who knows...

Very surprising they'd even put out something like that. However, I have noticed that similar to AMD, MS has been a very gentle, be-a-good-guy company recently. AMD has not rocked the litigation boat much about NVIDIA's ways and neither has MS been about Google and Apple's childish behavior.

I am experiencing an issue with it where Microsoft's lock screen is delayed in loading, and the Android system lock screen shows up first. So I submitted the problem using the feedback feature and I received a non-canned reply from someone in the "Microsoft Garage" saying that they are aware of it and are working on it. The way it was written, I could tell it wasn't a regular "Dear valued customer..." canned email.

I was impressed with how fast they responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back