2003 crv, 4 sp auto trans oil sending units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to find out through search, does this transmission have a fluid/oil sending unit on them? Ex. Like what you would tap into for an oil cooler.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Hard to find out through search, does this transmission have a fluid/oil sending unit on them? Ex. Like what you would tap into for an oil cooler.

I doubt it...not externally, anyway. There may be an internal fluid temperature/pressure sensor, or it may infer those parameters from other measurements.

It's not clear, are you looking for temp or pressures?

Temp is almost certainly monitored somewhere by sensor. The PCM is aware of pressures but either one may not report them easily...

It sounds like he's just looking for an external connection for a cooler. The only external fluid connections are likely the main inflow/outflow lines that go to the stock cooler in the radiator.

Your trans has 2 Pressure switches, 2nd Clutch & 3rd Clutch.

You have 5 Pressure taps.
Line Pressure
1st Clutch
2nd Clutch
3rd Clutch
4th/Reverse Clutch

None of these taps can be used for a cooler. You can run a auxiliary cooler in series with the radiator mounted cooler.

Thanks for the info guys.

clinebarger, is there a trans cooler already? I didn't think so. I was thinking about adding bypass filtration to the transmission as there is only an internal filter (stupid?). Can this be done?

Thanks for the info guys.

clinebarger, is there a trans cooler already? I didn't think so. I was thinking about adding bypass filtration to the transmission as there is only an internal filter (stupid?). Can this be done?

Should be a radiator mounted cooler on a CRV...Two rubber hoses going to the bottom tank?

I searched and looked around, it sounds like the cooler IS built into the radiator, internally, however. If that is the case, then there will be lines feeding that like you said. I will check it out when I get the chance. Thanks.

I searched and looked around, it sounds like the cooler IS built into the radiator, internally, however. If that is the case, then there will be lines feeding that like you said. I will check it out when I get the chance. Thanks.

Your transmission will have one fluid outflow line (to the radiator) and one fluid inflow line (from the radiator).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back