proud to live in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another state legislator was arrested for corruption (Shelly Silver). He is following in Joe Bruno's footsteps who was convicted, then overturned then retried and then acquitted (I think). He was 85 when the trial ended.

Even if convicted and given "life" what does than mean at 85, besides the public paying for his nursing care?

Last edited:
One of Virginia's politicians was jailed just recently. NC's ex-governor Mike Easley was embroiled in many financial investigations during his term here.

Bottom line: every state is populated by human beings and we, as a group, are a corrupt lot.

I'll never be proud to live in this state - but I'm glad we threw another criminal that was running our state into the ground into jail.

I think that everyone should be proud to live in the state in which they live...we are a very mobile society...if you choose to continue to live somewhere of which you're not proud, that makes me question your sanity...or at least your choices...

Now. Can we get Menino in this process?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I think that everyone should be proud to live in the state in which they live...we are a very mobile society...if you choose to continue to live somewhere of which you're not proud, that makes me question your sanity...or at least your choices...

I often draw conclusions regarding people's sanity based on where they live.

hotwheels

Illinois is just as bad. I think we only have one ex-governor in jail at the moment.

It was two, but one has been paroled.

Many people move to where they found a job.

If you were born in a State, have your family there, a job, etc living there is just a happening that really should not make you proud or not. Your there because of commitment I guess, be proud of yourself.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Many people move to where they found a job.

As I've done.

Several times...

But if you didn't like the place, if you can't see the good in that place, then why on Earth did you even consider that job?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wasn't the ex-governor of TX put in jail?

Rick Perry was indicted but has not served time (yet):

Originally Posted By:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry was indicted by a Travis County grand jury Friday after an investigation into whether he abused his power when he vetoed state funding for the county’s district attorney office, ABC affiliate KVUE reported Friday. According to KVUE, Perry is charged with two class A misdemeanors – one count of abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant.

The only reason I haven't left the area is that most of my family is here.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wasn't the ex-governor of TX put in jail?

Rick Perry was indicted but has not served time (yet):

Originally Posted By:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry was indicted by a Travis County grand jury Friday after an investigation into whether he abused his power when he vetoed state funding for the county’s district attorney office, ABC affiliate KVUE reported Friday. According to KVUE, Perry is charged with two class A misdemeanors – one count of abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant.

Bush should have been. Ever notice that he avoids travelling to Europe for fear of arrest?

IBTL.

Good to see one corrupt pol taken to the big house. If it smells corrupt, odds are it's rotten to the core.

I'm proud to be from MA.

Hows this for a list:

Sal Dimasi, House Speaker - corruption charges
Thomas Finneran, House Speaker - obstruction of justice
Charles Flahery, House Speaker - felony tax evasion
Dianne Wilkerson, State Senator - taking bribes.
Jim Marzilli, State Senator - disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
Anthony Galluci, State Senator - violation of probation
Paul Kujawksi, State Rep - campaign finance, drunk driving
John O'Brien, Probation Commissioner - racketeering
Elizabeth Tavares, Deputy Probation Commisioner, racketeering
William Burke, Deputy Probation Commissioner, racketeering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back